Registered Nurse – ICU – Transplant
Opportunity to impact patient care in the ICU Liver transplant unit.
- The RN position provides professional nursing care to a diverse patient population, conducts nursing assessments, assists with exams and treatment, patient education, and maintenance of medical records.
- provides direct patient care effectively and efficiently which may include patients with varied and complex needs.
- This position communicates and collaborates with the physicians and interprofessional health care team to facilitate, coordinate and maintain compassionate, efficient, quality care and achievement of desired treatment outcomes.
- The RN position demonstrates clinical competence when providing care, using technology, administering medications, performing procedures and managing emergencies, acting as a patient and family advocate in order to monitor and maintain patient rights.
- This position assumes leadership roles with progressive responsibility including but not limited to participating in or leading unit and shared governance initiatives, serving as charge nurse or preceptor to students or new employees, and possibly contributing to service line or hospital-wide initiatives in partnership with management.
Qualifications and Certifications required:
o Bachelor of Science degree or higher from an accredited School of Nursing
o Eighteen months registered nurse experience in a healthcare environment
o Texas RN license or temporary TX RN license, should obtain permanent license within 90 days. Compact license acceptable according to current Board of Nursing requirements.
o American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS)
o Other credentials and certifications as defined by unit/service line
o American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC)-recognized certification in applicable specialty area preferred
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields