Registered Nurse – Care Management
White Plains, NY
We are hiring several care managers for our client – magnet award-winning community hospital in Westchester County.
Shift: Monday to Friday 8am -4pm with one rotating weekend a month.
The Registered Nurse (RN) will work with the other team members to bridge the divide from the outpatient setting to the hospital as well as from hospital to home.
– will support the acute care staff that has recently rendered care, our patients, and their family members as they navigate the healthcare system
– will help to facilitate two-way communication between the acute clinical setting and the home environment and includes encounters from the emergency department, inpatient setting, observation, labor & delivery, and/or ambulatory surgery.
- Diagnosis management
- Medication management
- Access to care, care linkages and community resources
- Outpatient follow-up coordination
- Radiology and microbiology follow-up
- Post-acute care phone calls to assess needs, overall satisfaction, and missed opportunities
- Assessment of social determinants of health that may be inhibiting the journey back to health
- High risk clinical follow-up
- Expedited outpatient testing, ED care, or direct admission/observation
- Incoming transfers
The RN will contact patients within 48-hours of discharge from the acute care setting with the goal of a 100% contact rate. They will serve all patients not initially directed to the ACTT clinician or social worker.
During these direct conversations, the ACTT RN will also be required to assess the patient experience, collect feedback, and provide service recovery when appropriate.
Assist with the collection, analysis, and dissemination of data.
Performs all other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
- Registered Nurse with current New York State license.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current New York RN license/registration.
- BSN Required
- 5 years of experience as a nurse in an appropriate clinical setting with inpatient, emergency department, or care coordination experience preferred
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to outlook, word, excel, PowerPoint, EPIC, MediTech and Midas
- Ability to type at 50 words/minute
Bilingual skills a plus.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields