Registered Architect-Public Works
We have an immediate full-time opportunity for a Registered Architect in our Houston Downtown, Texas office. This role leads multi-disciplinary project teams from conceptual design through construction documents and into construction administration. This role will be responsible to manage staff, external consultants, and develop designs to meet client goals. We are passionate about what we do, and we are looking for someone to join our team who is similarly excited about creating better buildings for everyone.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to produce design documents for a wide variety of building types
- Simultaneous work on multiple projects at various stages of development
- Perform code analysis during schematic design
- Prepare project designs and construction documents using Revit
- Prepare various documents during the course of the project development including project specifications, agency applications, etc
- Visit project sites under the direction of a supervisor and assist with the documentation of findings
- Research materials, assemblies, and building codes for appropriate incorporation into design and construction drawings
- Integrate information from consultants and suppliers into Revit Models for documentation
- Assist in the processing of contractor submittals and RFIs
- Assist or prepare graphic materials for presentation or documents
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and BlueBeam Revu®
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture from NAAB Accredited Program
- Minimum 3 – 5 years in profession as an Architect
- Registered Licensed Architect is required. Texas is preferred.
- We support our staff in pursuing and maintaining relevant registrations and credentials, including AIA, NCARB, LEED, and WELL.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents in English as well as the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond effectively and sensitively to issues and a wide range of perspectives. Ability to work in a second language, particularly one that is spoken in the areas we work in, is welcome.
- Demonstrated building construction technical experience
- Ability to prioritize and deliver multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Strong design sense. Will lead and oversee development of project design
- Excellent problem solving/analysis, and technical capacity to research and apply building codes
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication skills
- Ability to lead and coordinate consultant teams
- Ability to interact with owners and user groups
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to write clearly to communicate technical issues and design ideas
- Innate desire to learn, ask questions, and improve oneself
We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages including medical, dental, vision, life, long/short-term disability, and two retirement plans: 401(k) and ESOP.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields