Regional Sales Manager – TX, LA, AR, OK, NM, AZ
Back To Job Board
Back To Job Board
Customer Facing: 60%
- Serve I&E (Infrastructure and Energy) customers through direct sales of equipment and services to meet customer needs while achieving bookings and margin goals for the I&E business.
- Lead sales effort, managing all activities externally and internally during negotiation process including coordination of technical/commercial/legal resources.
- Review, interpret, and qualify written specifications provided by I&E clients. Organize and evaluate the data, disseminate information to include supporting documentation requirements (technical, deviations, exceptions, pricing, etc.) and directions for quote preparation. Present quotation proposal to clients.
- Coordinate and participate in lab tests and on-site evaluations in support of equipment sales and service.
- Manage customer relationships with the company, taking immediate and corrective action on any issues that arise.
- Maintain existing accounts and collaborate with sales management to establish new accounts.
- Attend trade shows and otherwise travel as needed, generally to client sites.
Internal Reporting / Admin: 30%
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Maintain up to date sales funnel and sales pipeline in customer relationship management system and associated systems.
- Manage up to 4 outside sales representative firms and communicating activities with other internal functions.
- Keep management apprised of ongoing developments during critical negotiations.
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to management.
- Provide and maintain historical records on area, products, and customer sales.
Market Intel: 10%
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by communicating voice of customer and evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of material handling and process technologies. For example, pneumatic conveying, air filtration, weighing and feeding, thermal processing, and pulverizing systems.
- Ability to solution sell.
- Knowledge of effective sales techniques; ability to close orders, ability to team sell.
- Skill in oral and written communication; skill in organizing technical presentations and comfortable speaking in a group setting. Able to answer questions/clarifications from clients. Effective listening skills.
- Ability to differentiate company from competitors. Promote company capabilities and competencies. Knowledge of company policies, procedures, products, and services.
- Experience with quoting and pricing of various products and services in a capital goods environment.
- Knowledge of PFD, PID and technical specification and drawings interpretation.
- Mechanically inclined and knowledge of manufacturing processes and design standards and codes.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency. Familiarity with CRM (Oracle is a plus), ERP, database, spreadsheet, and word processing abilities.
- Ability to provide a high level of detail.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple work assignments.
Education and Experience:
BA/BS University degree (engineering degree a plus) and minimum of 3+ years industry sales experience in durable capital equipment.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields