Regional Reliability Engineer – Chemicals – Equipment – Gas – Louisiana
Baton Rouge, LA
$145,000 - $160,000 / yr
This role will require experience with mechanical design, reliability analysis and improvement for rotating machinery and fixed equipment. This is a critical role for ensuring anticipation and early detection of failure, replication of lessons learned and implementation of processes, procedures or improvements to ensure safe and reliable operations. There will be management responsibility for a Maintenance Engineer but will have indirect leadership reports as well.
- Develop and manage reliability strategies for operating units in the region.
- Ensure equipment maintenance strategies and reliability standards are in place across all facilities in region.
- Will have management accountabilities for region Maintenance Engineers.
- Leverage adopted reliability and maintenance best practices and ensure transparency of those practices in maintenance and operating procedures.
- Drive reduction in unplanned down time, unit trips, discovery work and repeat events (incidents and near miss) therefore reducing overall life cycle cost and increasing operating profit for the US business.
- Support key maintenance events with field engineering solutions.
- Identify improvements to reduce future failures or improve equipment maintainability
- Perform, execute and lead small engineering projects
- Identify and resolve chronic mechanical asset concerns (bad actors).
- Provide technical support during process hazard analyses (PHA/HAZOP), root cause analyses (RCA), failure mode and effect analyses (FMEA) and engineering studies to resolve rotating equipment issues and events.
- Drive resolution of highest impact issues with a strong sense of urgency and integrity.
- Work independently and make decisions based on full awareness of cost and other benefits.
- Leverage and replicate site-specific best in class PMs and incorporate into appropriate maintenance procedures
- Overall PM optimization by equipment class
- Develop and implement equipment maintenance strategies working with operations and maintenance teams and subject matter experts
- Implement and drive equipment PdM programs to ensure effective maintenance strategies
- Responsible for driving CMMS effectiveness in operations and maintenance; publish key metrics which show progress; Includes CMMS asset loading
- Responsible for spare part strategy by equipment class; development and ownership of spare part annual budget
- Analysis of bad actors and repeat corrective maintenance; maintain bad actor list and scope lead for projects that eliminate bad actors
- Ownership of Key Reliability Initiatives
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
- 15+ years of experience in mechanical engineering in a chemical, petrochemical or related industry plant environment
- This position requires a combination of office work and field work.
- Accessibility during off-hours is required.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
- Strong technical and functional skills.
- Ability to operate independently with little guidance. Anticipates and solves problems.
- Eager to contribute and initiate programs that help achieve business and plant objectives.
- Continuous improvement driven.
- Knowledge of industry codes, standards and best practices related to rotating and fixed equipment.
- Strong initiative, commitment and motivation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and adaptive skills. A team player who possesses the ability to coach and influence others.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities, drive issues to completion and obtain results.
- Excellent communication and team interaction skills.
- Vibration Institute Certification
- International Council for Machinery Lubrication Level 1
Company offers dynamic culture with a competitive base salary and bonus. Relocation assistance is available. Must be US citizen, no sponsorship provided at this time.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields