The Quality Specialist reports to the Quality Manager or designate performing primarily office and non-manual quality functions designed to service Production through consultation and oversight. Responsibilities include general quality operations including the creating and maintenance of quality and engineering documentation. The Quality Specialist conducts CMM operation and part verification in compliance with applicable Quality Management System (QMS) procedures, and maintenance of gage procurement and calibration system.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Creation and maintenance of quality and engineering documentation related to the QMS
- Provide consultation and guidance to production group related to part inspection procedures
- Using knowledge and understanding of specification and output, consider the course of action related to production continuation and specification adherence
- Represent the company as needed, internal or at customer sites, to resolve disputes regarding quality concerns
- Responsibility for maintaining Gage Calibration and maintenance program
- Coordinate MRB review and product containment activity
- CMM Operation and part verification to support Company’s quality system as necessary
- Perform weld / assembly validation (cut and etch, push-out, torque, tensile test, etc..)
- Perform annual validations / PPAP as required
- Perform routine inspections, dimensional studies, and investigations, as necessary
- Provide support in the absence of the quality engineer
- Participate in layered audit process
- Participate and support internal and external problem solving / corrective action process
- Serve as Champion in corrective action process as assigned
- ”Go and see” and observe problems first hand, investigate and ensure effective understanding of the facts / data
- Provide first response to line problems, document the problems, lead / participate in actions to countermeasure root cause, and monitor the results of actions
- Solve problems utilizing TQPS methodology
- Deepen process learning through rapid low-cost trials / experiments to solve problems
- Participate, support, and lead in data collection for problem solving teams
- Participate in new product development as necessary
- Provide support and assist EPC team by providing leadership and basic quality direction
- In addition to performing primary duties, the individual shall provide support where deemed necessary by management
- High School Diploma
- 3 years manufacturing experience
- 3 years computer (PC) experience
- 2 years CMM Operation
- Understanding of Control Plans, FMEA’s, Flow Diagrams and In-Process Inspection
- Knowledge of GD&T, SPC, Gage R&R, and gage use
- Will have the ability to work a schedule that allows completion of the job on a daily basis.
- CMM Operation after programs and set up are established.
- Organizational skills to maintain CMM programs and gage calibration in compliance with Quality department and QMS procedures and requirements.
- Understanding of weld / assembly validation (cut and etch, push-out, torque, tensile test, etc.)
- Understanding of problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Detail oriented and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Understanding of relevant software systems (Shop Edge, QCBD, etc..).
- Demonstrate strong leadership with a “hands on” approach”.
- Solve problems utilizing TQPS methodology
- Able to clearly communicate in verbal or written forms and act as a liaison between Production and Quality
- Ability to speak and write in the primary language English
- Computer (PC) and Microsoft Office
- Shop Edge
- PC DMIS
- Gage use / Part inspection
- Internal auditing
- CMM operation
- Containment procedure, work instructions, forms, tags
- Fundamentals of IATF 16949
- Other Baseline items
Office: Open office environment
Plant: Various types of manufacturing environments that include but not limited to: Stamping, Welding, Assembly, Grinding, Wash, Receiving, Shipping, Sorting
Travel: As needed in relationship to customer requirements or employee development
- Stand and walk for up to 12 hours
- Able to work flexible hours
- Able to lift, carry, hold and manipulate loads up to 50 lbs
- Dexterity to manipulate product onto gages or gages onto parts
- Acceptable vision and hearing with or without appropriate prescribed aides
- Able to work within environment that has temperature fluctuations
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields