$60,000 - $60,000 / yr
We are seeking a Quality Manager for a growing industrial manufacturing focused company to lead a team of Quality control inspectors for military customers in a fast paced environment. This leadership role would be responsible for a team of 6 inspectors . This is an excellent opportunity to learn and to grow a career within a dynamic industry.
On a daily basis, the Quality Manager will mainly be responsible for the following:
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort.
- Understand and apply appropriate quality assurance and improvement processes.
- Practice positive customer relations and constructive problem solving.
- Recognize and evaluate the impact to others when making any decision.
- Continuously upgrade skills and knowledge to improve personal effectiveness and provide training and guidance to less experienced/skilled personnel.
- Maintain a safe and unobstructed work area, follow all safety guidelines and utilize appropriate safety equipment and practices.
- Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Setting QA compliance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved.
- Maintaining awareness of the business context and company profitability, including budgetary control issues.
- Assessing the product specifications of the company and its suppliers, and comparing with customer requirements.
- Working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers.
- Ensuring compliance with national and international standards and legislation.
- Considering the application of environmental and health and safety standards.
- Agreeing standards and establishing clearly defined quality methods for staff to apply.
- Defining quality procedures in conjunction with operating staff.
- Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures.
- Identifying relevant quality-related training needs and delivering training.
- Collating and analyzing performance data and charts against defined parameters.
- Ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product modifications are investigated if necessary.
- Supervising technical staff in carrying out tests and checks.
- Writing technical and management systems reports.
- Bringing together staff of different disciplines and driving the group to plan, formulate and agree comprehensive quality procedures.
- Persuading reluctant staff to change their way of working to incorporate quality methods.
- Liaising with customers’ auditors and ensuring the execution of corrective action and compliance with customers’ specifications.
- Establishing standards of service for customers or clients.
- Preparing clear explanatory documents such as customers’ charters.
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
- 35% Suppliers
- 35% Customers
- 30% Internal Employees
Experience and Functional Requirements:
- Leadership experience
- Knowledge of military QC requirements and specifications
- Understand drawings, including GD&T and dimensional layouts.
- In-depth knowledge of ISO:9001 and TS16949 quality management standards and ISO14000 environmental management system
- Proficient computer and writing skills
- Professional manner and appearance
- Strong interpersonal skills
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields