$80,000 - $100,000 / yr
TITLE: QUALITY ENGINEER
INDUSTRY: HEAVY MANUFACTURING
AREA: Kansas City
SALARY: $ 100,000
Manufacturing Corporation is a heavy machinery manufacturer looking for a Quality Engineer interested in working with large weldments and machined parts (40,000 lbs. +). The Company fabricates, machines, paints, and assembles products for the commercial marine, defense and mining industries.
This position regularly interacts with suppliers, customers, manufacturing, engineering, and other peers in the QC department. Interpersonal skills are the key to success as this position regularly leads groups of peers from production and QC to complete jobs on time. Persons in this role must have a solid analytical approach to decision making and problem solving, and above all, be consistent in performance and decision making.
· Lead quality engineering activities that focus on continual process improvement using standard problem-solving methodologies, quality tools, project management, team dynamics, and monitoring effective measurements to drive sustaining improvement in plant performance objectives and increasing customer satisfaction.
· Leverage common quality tools along with lean fundamentals, to help achieve higher levels of product and process quality through new product development support, supplier development, manufacturing quality improvements, and customer return analysis.
· SME for digital metrology inspections and equipment
· Create standard work for digital metrology inspections.
· Prepare models in PolyWorks for inspection and reporting.
· Lead structured team problem solving activities relating to Customer Complaints, Warranty, Audits, and other internal/external data sources.
· Disposition non-conforming parts to suppliers, and support supplier performance scorecard tracking
· Maintain supplier defect information and monitor 8D responses and corrective actions.
· Lead and/or participate in reducing the Cost of Quality. Preventive, appraisal, and Failure costs (Scrap, Re-work, Repair, and Warranty) Maintain active root cause problem solving activities to reduce claim quantities and costs.
· Perform QMS internal audits, assign NC’s as necessary, and lead and/or support corrective action efforts.
· Play an active role to “build quality in” to our products and processes by using Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) tools: such as FMEA, control plan, GR&R, PPAP, process capability development, etc.
· Support inspection efforts and completion of Inspection Test Plans (ITP’s)
· Maintain controlled documentation including document creation and revisions.
Ideal candidates would have the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field with experience in a Quality function
· Experience using PolyWorks or other digital metrology software.
· Experience with FARO Arms and Laser Trackers
· Experience with APQP tools
· Experience with PPAP process
· Ability to read and interpret complex drawings.
· Thorough understanding of GD&T
· Proficient using Microsoft Office products.
· Willingness to learn new things.
· Works well with little supervision.
· Ability to communicate criticism in a manner that avoids hard feelings, and ability to advocate quality improvements in a manner that will foster concurrence rather than resistance.
· Ability to be a leader in groups of peers from production and QC.
This is a full-time position. Relocation assistance is possible for a candidate with the right qualifications. Great Benefits including tuition reimbursement
If you want to be considered for this position, then send your resume in MS/Word format or PDF as an attachment for immediate review.
This candidate needs to be focused, detail oriented, a problem solver, self-starter and a team player that can fit into a professional organization. This is a great company where your efforts are appreciated and there is an opportunity to grow professionally. A great career move!
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields