Quality Engineer – metal fab manufacturing
My firm has been engaged for this great opportunity in Rochester, MN working with a leading manufacturer of highly engineered steel products and structures serving major OEM’s in the construction, agriculture, and commercial equipment markets.
As Quality Engineer you will be responsible to develop, implement and maintain the Quality Assurance systems and programs. This position works closely in a team environment to design, develop, improve, document, and maintain existing quality processes in a variety of areas from cutting and forming raw steel through final shipment of product.
- Utilize proven lean manufacturing based analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills/abilities to identify opportunities for cost reduction, lead-time reduction, inventory reduction and quality improvement while improving employee safety.
- Collect and analyze data to identify root cause of problems and implement corrective action measures for improvement.
- Act as a key member on the project development/implementation team for new/existing products and process.
- Communicate information to internal and external customers regarding Corrective Action, Containment, Continuous Improvement, Questionnaires and Audits.
- Interfaces with Engineering, Operations, Purchasing, Customers and Suppliers to clarify specifications and acceptance criteria.
- Develops, implements and maintains inspection systems to ensure product acceptance.
- Initiates, monitors and verifies Corrective Action Requests.
- Perform independent work to ensure that poka-yoke techniques are launched during the product and process design phases as a means to address quality issues.
- Develop documentation for new and current products to include engineering drawings, specifications, ARI’s, quality checklists, BOMs, Routings, Estimates, etc.
- Represents the department and company during meetings with external customers or suppliers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Quality Engineering, other related Engineering field or equivalent field experience is required.
- American Society for Quality (A.S.Q.) certification is a plus.
- Experience in metal fabrication, welding, painting, or assembly is highly preferred.
- Must be able to read, interpret, and communicate print specifications as necessary.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields