$70,000 - $75,000 / yr
We have partnered with a Global Automotive Manufacturer in the Lima OH area to lead a search for a Quality Engineer.
The APQP Quality Engineer supports the Director of Global Quality and Engineering in developing and maintaining the current quality system and serves as the direct interface to our customers and suppliers.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary Quality contact for the customer and vendor.
- Be the voice of Customer in a team environment and communicate customer requirements to the plant.
- Manage APQP activities for assigned programs such as PPAP, IMDS, etc.
- Experience good problem-solving skills and ability to lead corrective action activities and communicate results to customers and or suppliers as required.
- Participation in program meetings, lead and coordinate APQP/PPAP deliverables.
- Drive tasks to closure and discipline to communicate effectively with all different levels of organization.
- Flexibility to support internal assignments/projects.
- Maintain, evaluate, enforce, and apply Corporate Quality programs, policies, and procedures; including evaluating the precision and accuracy of production, testing measurement and analytic equipment.
- Prepare monthly reporting and evaluations on Quality performance
- Update, maintain and improve program related Quality Documentation
- Provide information to support lessons learned efforts based on internal and customer related Quality issues.
- Participate in APQP process, as assigned and assures on time delivery of inputs required customer requirements for PPAP submissions.
- Responsible for maintaining 5S in department and periodically participating with audit process.
- Support in preparations and participate in activities related to ISO, Customer and CCC Audits
- Comply with federal, state and local legal requirements
- Models effective work habits while maintaining a positive and optimistic outlook
- Effective communication and cooperation with other members of the team, including subordinates, peers or managers
- Utilize preventive quality techniques to improve product quality, reduce in-line defects and reduce scrap.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology preferred.
- ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor
- Six-Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification preferred.
- Prior or Current Plant Experience preferred.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience preferred
- Experience in automotive industry required.
- Supplier experience with customers to include but not limited to automotive and Heavy-duty customers.
- Strong understanding of PPAP, APQP, MSA, FMEAs, IMDS, PRR, and Control Plans.
- Accountability, Team player approach an excellent oral and written communicator.
- Effective use of Microsoft applications – Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint as needed to fulfill key responsibilities.
- Strong working knowledge of APQP/PPAP, Process, Control Plan, SPC, GD&T, Corrective Action
- Processes; ability to interpret and comprehend complex drawings, PFMEA, GR&R, working knowledge of ISO 9001.
- Hands on with a proactive approach to identify and avoid problems in an early stage.
- Experience in root cause analysis and problem-solving methods, Six Sigma, Red X preferred.
- Solid organizational and project management skills and demonstrated effectiveness to lead and collaborate with cross-functional/global teams.
- Strong drive to complete assignments within program timing in order to ensure a flawless serial production launch.
- Flexibility to travel up to 20% (national/international)
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields