QUALITY ENGINEER – AUTOMOTIVE – COLUMBIA, TN
The Quality Engineer assists in the implementation and maintenance of all quality system requirements including APQP, PPAP, customer concerns and customer visits, gauging, process control plans, supplier issues, IATF 16949 elements, customer specific requirements.
- Root Cause problem solving
- Establish and implement process control plans to include capability studies, gage repeatability and reproducibility (Gage R&R) studies.
- Provide quality related documents to the manufacturing floor, including control plans, control cards, visual aids and work instructions.
- Monitor production floor processes for conformance to control plans and customer requirements which includes fit, function, reliability, durability and reappearance criteria.
- Participate in Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP).
- Prepare and submit Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) packages ensuring all elements are met per customer requirements.
- Develop and implementation of SPC activities, including originating objectives, goals and time tables, and implementing new techniques as they become available.
- Perform capability studies on new jobs and in other situations where they are needed.
- Participates in and performs Layered Process Audits
- Ensures Housekeeping and Health & Safety Standards are maintained.
- Complies with policies and procedures pertaining to facility or divisional adopted standards such as IATF 16949 and ISO 14001.
- Utilizes the concepts of continuous improvement including Lean.
- May, on occasion, be required to perform duties other than those specified in this description.
Education and Qualifications:
- 4-year College or University Degree in Business, Quality, Engineering or related field preferred.
- 3 to 10 years’ experience in a Quality related role, in the automotive industry.
- Ability to solve complex problems and exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to support and/or lead root cause analysis, disciplined problem-solving and decision-making processes.
- Proven leadership, interpersonal skills and personal development skills.
- Experience in a variety of basic operation disciplines: Manufacturing, Quality, Process / Tooling and Shop Floor Supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Work Environment/Work Conditions:
- Work time will be spent in a standard office environment with manufacturing plant exposure.
- Temperature and noise may vary depending on external environmental conditions.
- Lack of attention and carelessness may result in personal injury to self or others.
- Personal protective equipment is required on the production floor.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields