Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exercise and promote safety
- Customer specification reviews for new or updated specifications.
- Support and participate in Design Reviews / SC / CC Designations.
- Responsible for Uploading Customer Specific Deliverables to APQP folders.
- Responsible Initial Pre-Launch Documentation PFMEA, Flow, Control Plans, and FAIR’s.
- Support initial in-house trials.
- Responsible for coordination with the testing lab for documents required for initial product qualifications.
- Responsible for APQP Package Completeness and any required submissions to the customer.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a master tracking matrix and status for APQP
- Support plant in assuring that all gate review deliverables are completed.
- Attend and report out at APQP meetings.
- Escalate any potential issues that would compromise meeting customer requirements and or deadlines to the V.P. of Quality.
- Support plant teams in PFMEA reviews for current and new programs.
- Support problem solving activities for any customer concerns.
- Assist with implementation of standard practices, procedures, work instructions and level 3 documents to meet customer specification requirements.
- Procedure and Work Instruction updates as required to meet customer and plant requirements.
- Internal Audits to assure compliance to AS9100 D requirements.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly Layered Process audits and report out on findings of audits to management on an audit scorecard.
- Responsible for MSA (Gage R&R)
- Responsible for calibration system.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Leadership Skills: Promote safety as a core value; understand leadership role for Safety culture and that others will model their sentiment, attitudes, and actions; understand the need to demonstrate a hyper level of safety conscientiousness and obsessiveness
- Project Skills: Able to coordinate projects and execute plans involving multiple personnel from various departments
- Decision-making Skills: Think in terms of what is best for the business and customer when making decisions that may affect areas outside of immediate influence
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization; able to resolve conflict with internal or external sources in the utmost professional manner
- Computer skills: Understanding of MS Office suite, programming, databases, statistical software.
- Mathematical Skills: An understanding of basic mathematics and applied statistics is essential to perform successfully in this position
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to carry out and communicate written and/or oral instruction.
- Physical Abilities: Must be able to work with heavy press parts in a safe manner Regularly required to stand, walk and use hands; must be able to lift 50 pounds at any time during his/her shift; the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field,
- At least 2 years of experience with APQP processes and Aerospace specification is preferred.
- Minimum Experience: AS9100D knowledge; NADCAP knowledge helpful; Internal Auditing to AS9100 requirements.
- Preferred Experience: Airbus APQP background
- Schedule: 1st
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields