Quality Engineer – automotive
As Quality Engineer you will be responsible for product quality, quality documentation, as well as customer interface during pre-production through end of program .
- Bringing Quality related information to the daily PCC meeting.
- Monitoring of scrap and scrap reduction action plans for their area of responsibility.
- Handle customer concerns and complaints through internal and external systems.
- Responsible for TWI, rework methods.
- Support new program launch activities, and participate in design process reviews
- Develop incoming inspection requirements for all components in there are of responsibility
- An active member of the APQP team in development of necessary documents
- Shares correct information to SQE’s for supplier related issues.
- Assists in training inspectors, production operators as required.
Required Knowledge and Skill Sets:
- Microsoft Programs
- Customer website experience Covisint, Stellantis, Toyota, Honda, etc.
- Minitab Statistical software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and data management skills
- APQP, PPAP, 8D, GR&R practical experience
- Understanding of technical specifications and manufacturing
- Must be able to interpret and understand drawings, GD&T, and tolerances.
- 2 years automotive quality experience
- Automotive and or tier one experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, or relevant experience
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with working with non-U.S. based customers/ suppliers
- Strong Understanding of manufacturing costs
- This position will travel 10-15% of the time
- Position might require moving equipment up to 30 pounds or less
This position is not sponsorship eligible, and candidate must be a US Citizen.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields