Quality Control Inspector
Los Angeles, CA
$100,000 - $140,000 / yr
Company is seeking a Quality Control Inspector for our office in Los Angeles, CA.
Company is a leading civil, building, and specialty Construction Company that believes integrity, teamwork, and a collaborative approach are fundamental to our business success.
We transform industries and communities through stunning and complex infrastructure projects — to ensure public safety, maintain a quality of life and support a healthy economy. For more than a century, Company’s family of civil construction companies has supported the development and maintenance of infrastructure across our great nation.
From coast to coast, notable projects include The Purple Line (D Line) Extensions in Los Angeles, SR 99 Viaduct replacement tunnel in Seattle, East Side Access projects and the Hudson Yards Platform in New York, Central Subway Third Street Light Rail in San Francisco, and multiple airport expansions and bridge projects. At Company you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of large, high-profile, projects that impact your community.
Extraordinary Projects need Exceptional Talent
As a Quality Control Inspector at Company, reporting to Quality Control Manager, you will perform or assist in variety of quality control engineering and inspection work related to a specific discipline, i.e., civil, structural, mechanical, piping, welding, NDE and/or electrical.
- Develop understanding/working knowledge of company quality control program, company standards, procedures, codes, etc. required to perform assigned work.
- Inspect to contract specifications the quality of concrete mix designs, construction submittals, testing procedures, etc.
- Inspect concrete steel reinforcement and form work.
- Perform inspections and witness tests applicable to discipline to determine acceptability of work.
- Prepare work performance records, inspection records and other related items; assure correctness of all documents.
- Assist in coordinating quality control inspection schedules with other department schedules.
- Participate in internal/external quality control audits.
- Assist in reviewing purchase documents to ensure compliance with quality control requirements.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in the field or in a related area preferred.
- Experience and training commensurate with work subject to approval by Metro.
- Experience with Federal Government Clients and LEED Projects preferred
- USACE CQM certification
- Work experience in support of design-build or heavy civil construction testing, inspection, supervision or management in support of large public works projects, with civil background, preferably with steel inspection experience.
- An understanding and experience with contract specifications as they apply to quality control and/or assurance, structural steel, concrete mix designs, construction submittals, testing procedures and inspection of concrete steel reinforcement and form work.
- Job Control must be done with union labor who carry ACI/ICC/AWS/NICET as applicable certifications. For example: Concrete Testing, Soil Testing, Welding Inspection, Fireproofing, Masonry
- Station Inspection for structural can be done by anyone with experience for this scope of work with documented 5 years.
- Electrical inspection requires certified individuals. Usually with ICC and or CEI certificates meeting experience requirements
- Mechanical and plumbing inspection requires ICC combination certification meeting experience requirements.
- Track Inspectors require documented work experience within that field.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop in depth understanding of QA/QC manuals and programs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites.
Expected salary range for this position is $100,000 – $140,000 depending on experience.
Company builds extraordinary projects and we need exceptional talent. Join us and realize your full potential.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields