Quality Assurance Manager
Quality Assurance Manager
The Quality Assurance Manager (QA Manager) will manage the Quality Assurance Department and will plan, direct and monitor the Quality Assurance Program in accordance with company requirements and current regulations. Includes supervising; performing statistical analyses, tests, audits, and inspections; taking preventive and corrective measures; interfacing with customers; and maintaining records to ensure compliance and the high quality of our products.
- Define, set, and manage product quality goals and plans. Perform Quality audits for suppliers.
- Develop, implement, and improve methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating production and Engineering components and assemblies.
- Ensure the company is prepared for internal, external, and/or customer audits and inspections.
- Function as main contact for customers regarding quality issues. Work closely with customer Inspectors/Engineers.
- Oversee document control and ensure the calibration system is current and maintained.
- Prioritize department work duties. Manage, develop, and train department staff.
- Work closely with manufacturing department on in-process and final quality control inspection activities.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, costs and the development of new products.
- Manage and track non-conformance, corrective and preventive actions.
- Document existing and new QA processes, including RMA.
- Lead training and annual re-certification, including ISO 9001.
- Draft Quality Program Plans for Engineering Development projects.
- Five+ years of quality experience in the manufacturing arena with at least 3 years in management is required.
- BA/ BSc/ BSEE or other related degree is required. Electronic and RF experience is strongly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of QA standards, methodologies, data analysis, etc. and excellent numerical skills.
- Solid working knowledge of ISO-9001 requirements. Six Sigma and/or Lean experience/certification preferred.
- Must demonstrate strong planning and organizational skills as well as great attention to detail.
- Ability to interpret specifications, blueprints, and manufacturing outlines. Must also be able to use inspection tools required to verify parts to meet customer requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and work well in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient computer skills (word processing, database management, spreadsheets, statistical software) required.
- Ability to keep accurate and timely records of quality reports, statistical reviews, and relevant documentation.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields