Ensures food safety and quality of all products produced in the plant. Responsible for ensuring specifications are defined and communicated. Performs inspections of processes, employee training, compliance with applicable food laws and regulations and maintains plant HACCP plans to regulatory compliance. Defines best lab practices and provides guidance and adherence to quality policies. Actively participates in resolving customer complaints. Integral part of plant leadership team. Provides support to Sales, R&D and Operations on customer issues, questions and concerns.
• Ensures all plant personnel adhere to good manufacturing practices (GMP) including proper waste disposal, personal hygiene and personal practices.
• Responsible for developing and presenting to all employees a complete orientation process which provides training in the Key Concepts of Food Safety and Quality and understands that identification of any failures in these areas is their responsibility. Maintain compliance to annual training requirements.
• Works closely with Operations and Maintenance to drive Food Safety and Quality ownership to the floor
• Trains and develops subordinates in the performance of their duties
• Manages Plant timelines and critical milestones for the Food safety and Quality Improvement Plan and other food safety/quality metrics (ie. Complaint reduction, quality incident reduction, and quality index scores)
• Interprets, analyzes, and communicates quality and food safety issues, both internal and external (consumer complaints), and initiates applicable corrective measures
• Ensures compliance to all applicable regulatory agency requirements ( USDA, FDA, CFIA, etc.)
• Liaison with local USDA and or FDA inspectors and any other food regulatory officers that visit the plant
• Provides leadership for compliance to food safety and quality programs Implements and maintains quality programs. i.e., HACCP to regulatory and company requirements; maintain SQF certification; specifications for raw and finished materials; recall program; environmental monitoring program; and comprehensive pest control program.
• Develops corrective action when Food Safety or Quality deficiency is identified. • Acts as liaison for all technical and QC issues between operations, RQI, and sales/marketing departments
• Provides Corporate with quality assurance assistance involving vendor issues, both improvements and corrective measures
• Oversees product quality with regards new product implementation and introduction into market. Ensure use of applicable MOPD and CQV tools.