Purchasing Manager – Textile Industry (#1083)
Goose Creek, SC
$115,000 - $125,000 / yr
Must have experience in a textile manufacturing operation!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. Perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- BS degree in supply chain management, logistics, accounting or business administration with 7+ years of experience!
- Proven working experience as purchasing manager
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with business sense
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- Working experience of vendor management software
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures
- Knowledge of process-oriented operations and/or related industry
- Knowledge of financial, accounting, and project management principles and practices
- Experience working with manufacturing based technology
- Ability to effectively communicate with other managers/employees
- Prior experience purchasing for a textile manufacturing company preferred, but not required.
- Ability to travel local, nationally and internationally.
- Strategic Industry Management
- Negotiation and Analytical Skills
- Leadership Performance Management.
- Project Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions required for this position;
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance;
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields