South Saint Paul, MN
This is a working manager position responsible for providing hands-on, daily guidance and support to the Purchasing team as well as actively performing daily purchasing tasks as needed. This includes determining material needs for upcoming production orders, placing orders with vendors, and managing timely delivery of materials to ensure production schedules are met. Additional responsibilities include managing vendor performance (on-time deliveries, Quality related defects, etc.) and internal performance metrics (turn-times, etc.). This position requires strong communication and collaboration skills with key stakeholders such as Operations, Quality, Engineering, Scheduling, and Finance.
- Provide strategic leadership, performance management, and development of site-level Purchasing staff that achieves the department goals and objectives.
- Managing vendor performance through the use of business reviews, supplier performance metrics, and contract administration tools.
- Fulfilling procurement tasks as needed to support ongoing R&D projects and commercial production.
Education and Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Materials, Science, or Business based discipline.
- Minimum 5 years’ Purchasing and/or Supply Chain experience in an FDA regulated industry (Pharmaceutical preferred, Medical Device acceptable).
- 3+ Years of prior management experience. Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity and proficiency with various ERP systems and functions (SAP, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and effective organizational skills.
· LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY – MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields