Purchasing Manager Electronic Mfg
Menomonee Falls, WI
StepBeyond Solutions, Inc. has this position for the right individual with a strong EMS/Contract Manufacturing background in purchasing/sourcing/material management. This client works in the Industrial, Military, Communications and Energy industries.
Electronic Manufacturing Services provider looking for the right person to join the team to support the growing requirements in our materials and supply chain organization. The position is responsible tor manage and utilize our MRP system (MANEX) to identify requirements, select the best vendor and place appropriate material orders to support the production plan. This position will work directly with operations and suppliers to align deliveries, pricing and support plans. Communication and coordination are critical. In addition, this position will support the development of proposals for new business opportunities by developing a supply chain and projected costs. This dynamic organization is excited about potentially adding the right candidate to grow with us.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the purchase of production supplies and components against MRP in a timely manner at the lowest price and best delivery as possible.
- Maintain MANEX database, (i.e., order entry, job entry, vender files, part methods, etc.)
- Responsible for sourcing components and vendors, as well as expediting parts as required meeting production schedules.
- Maintain Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- Interpret customer RFQ data and develop costs to be used in pricing proposals.
- Support timely resolution of MRB materials
- Actively participate in Supply Chain initiatives including Vendor Solutions, and Annual cost reductions.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
Skill Set Required:
- Persuasive negotiator
- Advanced computer skills
- Read and Interpret engineering drawings and working knowledge of EMS
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Manage complexity
- Must be a team player and highly motivated.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. High School Diploma Required
- Minimum 3 years experience in purchasing with a manufacturing company
- Knowledge of Electronic Manufacturing Services.
Reports to: VP Business Intelligence Start Date: ASAP
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields