Job Title: Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager
General function: The Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager is responsible for establishing and executing the overall sourcing and supply base strategy. In addition, they will manage all of the regular transactional activities such as issuing purchase inquiries and orders, as well as coordinating inbound material flow.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Two-year Associates Degree required, Bachelors’ degree desired.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant purchasing and/or materials management experience.
- Experience in the steel / metals sector
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and enthusiastic individual.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
Reporting Requirements: The Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager reports to the VP of Operations.
Description of responsibilities:
- Develop a sound, diversified sourcing strategy taking into consideration factors such as price, quality, delivery, product range, and geographic location.
- Negotiate pricing and volume commitments with raw material and processing vendors.
- Issue and manage vendor purchase orders for all raw material and outside processing needs.
- Coordinate raw material deliveries with vendors, transportation providers, and the PK operations team.
- Manage supplier claims process.
- Maintain vendor ISO registration records.
- Prepare and issue quarterly supplier performance scorecards.
Key Success Metrics:
- Raw Material Pricing
- Vendor OTD Performance
- Raw Material Inventory Turns and Slow Moving Inventory
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields