Seeking a Project Accountant (Manufacturing) for our manufacturing client located in Southeast Houston, Texas.
- Base Salary up to $85k plus excellent full benefits package
- Bachelors Degree and 3+ years of related accounting experience required
- Role is HYBRID – 4 days per week in office / 1 day per week remote
Role is responsible for providing support to Management by maintaining accurate accounting and financial records for projects as well as assisting with forecasting, cost accounting, revenue and cash flow projections, and reviewing project risk.
- Effectively communicate with Project Management and Senior Management
- Review contract documents and change orders and communicate risks, opportunities and contingencies.
- Completes order entry validation and secondary commercial review to ensure accurate order entry and to capture financial risk elements.
- Prepares revenue and cash flow projections based on project timing and milestone billings. Evaluates progress against projections.
- Monitors project performance against budgeted cost.
- Prepares and distributes customer invoices and follows up with the customer to ensure the invoices are complete.
- Assist with forecast cost updates, including evaluation of shortages and progress updates from operations. Maintains accuracy in estimated cost to complete.
- Prepare special project and financial analyses for Management.
- Preparation of periodic Project Management metrics.
- Capturing and communicating potential discrepancies between operational activities and pricing tool assumptions – feedback to estimating
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- 3+ years related accounting experience
- Project accounting experience required
- Knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of project planning, fiscal planning, and contract management preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Office required and experience with Adobe, Primavera, Microsoft Projects, and/or Oracle ERP Preferred.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields