Project size $10 – $35 million. All Class A high rise and multi-story parking structures;
Projects primarily LA, Orange County and Inland Empire.
1. Minimum 10 year experience.
2. Must have strong understanding of scoping, buyout, cost control and communication skills.
3. Fluent in Prolog and Converge a plus.
Additional Notes on Project Managers:
In general this is what we are looking for PM’s:
1. Have a minimum of 5 consecutive years as a PM in the commercial building industry of ground up new construction. Preferably at least a couple of stories tall. No residential single family housing or primarily Tenant Improvement. Primarily ground up.
2. The have to be willing to work as a PM on either a Design-Build General Contracting Project or as a PM on Structural Concrete Subcontractor project. The design-build projects will be primarily large Parking Structures of mid-size office buildings. The Concrete projects will range from High-Rise Towers, transportation and aviation, parking structures, office buildings, higher education, large multi-family podiums, government buildings, hotels, green energy, NASA, and military projects.
3. All project will include self-performing the structural concrete work as a Union Contractor.
4. Need to be familiar with computerized project management software
5. Responsible for cost control which entails reviewing weekly budgets for self-performed work with the project superintendent and reporting on project P&L, issues, events, applications for payment, schedule.
6. Be able to write scopes for subcontracts and purchase orders
7. Handle being the liaison between the project site, owner and or GC.
8. Be able to read and follow plans and specifications at a very detailed level.
9. Be able to learn the ways our company does project management
10. Be a team player and must do the work not a delegator.
11. No out of state candidates
12. No 40 year in the industry candidate. 30 years is probably the max.
13. No candidates that have been Directors, Executives, Managers, etc. We need in the trench’s working PMs. These Directors, etc. have been delegating work for too long and although they tell you the can and want to get back to the hard work, they will not last and cannot perform at the level Our Client will demand. So they will not last.
14. No candidates that have moved companies repeatedly with short terms of employment (2 years or less).