Project Manager – Transportation Design
We are seeking a Project Manager- Transportation Design Department in our Atlanta office.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Develop decision trees, workflows, resource loaded schedules, tracking documents, and similar tools for planning the work of design consultants to ensure that all project goals are met.
- Monitor, track, and manage processes related to the design consultants’ efforts to ensure that design delivery schedules, budgets, and scopes are delivered.
- Develop alternative processes, workflows, schedules, scopes, deliverable packages, and similar project components as needed to help design consultants recover schedule, increase float, or make other changes needed to ensure the project goals are met.
- Perform reviews of staffing plans, status reports, schedules, cost estimates, budgets, invoices, and other documentation from design consultants for accuracy and confirmation that project goals will be met.
- Prepare appropriate analysis and reports as required to fulfill the responsibilities and duties above and communicate them to project and company leaders.
- Perform reviews of design schedule and cost estimates prepared by other engineers employed by our firm.
- Assist in developing and negotiating consultant contracts.
- Coordinate, track, and manage internal interdisciplinary reviews of technical reports, plans, and submittals.
- Coordinate, track, and manage design related submittals to owner and associated reviews by owner.
- Coordinate, track, and manage receipt, multidisciplinary reviews, comment resolution, and final distribution of working and shop drawings.
- Promote and facilitate open communication and conflict resolution between team members.
- Support legal and operations teams by providing expertise as necessary for dispute or claim resolution.
Education – Skills – Knowledge – Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field
- 10+ years of relevant management and design experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Project Management Professional (PMP) or Design Build Professional (DBIA) certification within 6 months of hire
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Professional Engineer license within 6 months of hire
- Expertise managing the overall design process and multi-disciplinary consultant teams for transportation projects either as a member of the design consultant team or the contractor team
- Experience overseeing the setup and use of project specific technologies such as InRoads, Microstation, ProjectWise, OpenRoads, submittal tracking systems, project specific servers, GIS, and similar systems.
- Familiarity with Alabama DOT design processes, practices, and procedures is preferred
- Strong judgment and reasoning skills
- Ability to tactfully advocate professional opinion and elevate unresolved issues as needed to resolve conflicts
- Excellent interpersonal, oral communications, and written communications skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple internal teams while prioritizing to meet competing needs
- Ability to lead and facilitate large meetings efficiently and effectively
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, and strategic attitude
- Willingness to travel, as it may be required
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields