Project Manager/Project Architect
Los Angeles, CA
Project Manager/Project Architect
Our Los Angeles office is seeking a Project Manager/Project Architect for a full-time position with our Los Angeles office. This position will be responsible for the overall management of multiple projects in our Healthcare, Education, Public Works and/or Transportation Practice Areas. The Project Manager will provide general supervision of staff to prepare and review design and construction documents and specifications for projects applying knowledge of design, construction procedures, zoning, building codes and building materials for projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, directs and monitors all aspects of a few or a single project with a high degree of technical complexity.
- Coordinates workload with project team through entire project development to complete the documents on schedule and within project budget.
- Ensures compliance of contract terms and conditions.
- Reviews work and propose changes in regard to design, code and budget.
- Maintains project budgets and schedules while meeting client needs, business objectives and design guidelines.
- Brings complete closure of projects to the client throughout project.
- Prepares plan of action for resolving problem project issues.
- Mentors the assigned support team and contributes to building a positive team spirit that supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Monitors internal staffing needs and coordinates client staff and their internal customers, architects, engineers, contractors, and vendors.
- Writes proposals, recommends appropriate fees and participates in contract negotiations with clients and consultants.
- Primary point of contact for the client.
- Supervises assigned staff to include performance evaluations and adherence to Firm’s policies, practices, and procedures.
- Actively pursues new business opportunities by utilizing her/his network of personal and professional contacts. Displays a professional and personal attitude that encourages clients and consultants to award or refer new opportunities to the firm.
- Assists the Studio Director, Associate Studio Director and Associate Director of Marketing in preparing proposals, calling on new and prospective clients, and participating in new project presentations as requested.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce project schedules in Microsoft Project.
- Revit Architecture 2020 (4 years project experience min.)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Advanced knowledge of building design and construction means, methods, and techniques
- Newforma Project Management experience is a plus.
Must work well in open office environment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional overtime may be required.
Travel expected for this position includes travel to construction job sites and client meetings as assigned. Employees are expected to use their own means of transportation and will be compensated per mile driven.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or construction science/construction management.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience in institutional projects.
- Must be licensed in the state of California.
We offer a competitive benefit & compensation package, including medical, dental, vision, life, long/short-term disability plans, and two retirement plans: 401(k) and an ESOP.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields