Project Manager (Mining)
Summary of Job Duties:
Perform the job duties and tasks listed below with the overall objective of consistently providing top-quality project management and maintain high standard of excellence in all assigned project management functions.
• Serve as a Company/project representative to the Client and internal departments in a manners that reflects well on the Company and the Project Team.
• Ensure all project activities are conducted in manners that highly prioritises safety, environment, community, quality, and Virta’s ethic mandates, policies and procedures.
• Deliver the project in terms of cost, schedule, technical conformance, quality and in an accord with the contractual obligations of Virta.
• Assemble and organize project and engineering management teams suitable for the project’s size and scope.
• Lead a team of project management, engineering, SCM and construction experts to review and finalize an overall project execution strategy that complies with the Client’s contract and Virta’s General Project Execution Strategy.
• Based on the approve project execution strategy, prepare, update and maintain a Project Management Plan along with all of its Sub Management Plans.
• Organize a turnover meeting of all contract and proposal information from BD to the project team consisting of engineering and project management and including fabrication management, logistic, construction teams, etc. as required.
• Coordinate all inputs required from the different project management teams required by engineering such as construction, commissioning, fabrication, logistic and procurement.
• Coordination of required input of the same from the Client
• Implement a Value Engineering Process to recognize and evaluate cost saving opportunities, and determine suitability of them to the project’s scope, budget and schedule and receive the Client’s approval when required.
• Implement a fast and effective communication system, the Project Communication Plan, suitable for fast paced D/S and/or EPC projects, between all stakeholders including strategic suppliers.
• Lead the selection of critical material suppliers as per the Procurement Management Plan and involve them as required in engineering and other functions as needed.
• Lead the selection of the main fabricator(s) as per the Fabrication Management Plan and involve them as required in engineering and other functions as needed.
• Lead the selection of the main logistic company(s) as per the Logistic Management Plan and involve them as required in engineering and other functions as needed.
• Lead the selection of the main construction company(s) on EPC projects as per the Construction Management Plan and involve them as required in engineering and other functions as needed.
• Implement the Commissioning Management Plan
• Direct execution or delegation of the tasks listed in the “Basic Job Requirements”.
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and six (6) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to ten (10) years if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
• Day to day management of the project team with the objective to manage the project scope, schedule, cost, and quality to a successful completion per the Project Execution Plan and its Attachments (Sub Plans).
• Successful execution of Security, Safety, Health and Environment Management Plans.
• Manage overall resource requirements through planning, forecasting and recruiting.
• Review and approve all technical decision memorandums.
• Manage Early Engineering to a well-defined scope and engineering deliverables list.
• Establishment and maintenance of a project master schedule.
• Schedule and hold regular project meetings with issued minutes.
• Initiate, plan and manage periodic cost saving opportunity reviews with engineering, fabrication, logistic, and construction.
• Initiate, plan and manage periodic constructability reviews with engineering, fabrication, logistic, and construction.
• Compliance and submission of all project reporting required by contract and internal project controls, including project status reviews and cost forecasts.
• Implement and maintain the Project Document and Communication Plans.
• Manage the commercial aspect of the project; invoicing, change orders, etc.
• Mentor and train subordinates assigned to the project or designated area
• Plan and manage a post-project lessons learned session(s).
o 7 – 10 year experience in Design/Supply and/or EPC mining projects.
o Strong technical background with a broad multi-disciplinary base.
o Background in conveyors or material handling systems is desirable.
o Solid Management background in: contracting, engineering, fabrication, SCM, break bulk logistic, construction and commissioning.
o Engineering degree is desirable.
o International Project Management experience is highly desirable.
• Excellent people management and leadership skills:
o Prior management of large teams across various disciplines.
o Able to instill a team spirit and cooperation so everyone on the project works as one team and is ready to tackle any task.
o Ability to empowered personnel within the organization with appropriate decision-making authority and accountability.
o Ability to instill confidence, pride and sense of contribution to the project.
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to work in the fast paced work environments of D/S and EPC projects.
• Ability to react quickly to changes and make quickly the right decision quickly.
• Ability to communicate effectively in Spanish
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields