Project Manager – Mechanical – Dairy Projects
Fort Worth, TX
A Project Manager with Mechanical experience in the Process Automation Industry is needed in Fort Worth, TX. The company is an established and stable systems integrator catering to the Food and Beverage Industry with a focus on dairy product manufacturing. This systems integration firm works with Fortune 100 companies across the US and Canada.
Why work here?
- Stable company in business for over 30 years!
- Clients are Fortune 100 companies doing large multi-million dollar projects!
- Family healthcare premiums are covered by the company!
- Automatic retirement contribution of up to 10% of base salary!
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Relocation assistance provided
- Company credit card for travel expenses
- No state income taxes!
- Develop a superior understanding of the customer’s processes, control methods, and requirements for successful project completion.
- Read and analyze moderately complex technical procedures, process flow schematics, P&IDs, electrical, instrumentation, and pneumatic drawings, and government regulations.
- Understand sanitary processes used in food and beverage production. Implement industry standards and best practices. Assist Engineers with developing one or more of the following as the project requires: P&IDs, plan & elevation drawings, isometric drawings, and dimensional piping layouts.
- Develop project design packages and RFQ’s for sub-contractors and suppliers, evaluate sub-contractor and supplier proposals, and negotiate final terms and conditions.
- Meet or exceed profitability on the projects assigned, and take primary responsibility for assigned projects.
- Develop and manage the project scope and project schedule. Anticipate and communicate impacts of change with customers. Successfully negotiate resolutions in a timely manner.
- Lead teams of co-workers through execution of large or complex process implementations and start-ups.
- Manage co-workers and sub-contractors on-site.
- Communicate thoughts, ideas, and other written information, which may be technical in nature, in a logical, coherent, and persuasive manner.
- Work remotely with little supervision, but with high personal and team accountability.
- 5+ years of food & beverage process experience with a demonstrated knowledge of sanitary process system design and implementation. Specific dairy or beverage processing experience a plus.
- Experience leading the design, construction, or commissioning of capital projects within food & beverage facilities
- Demonstrated Project Management skills required. PMP certification a plus.
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering, or Food Science is preferred. A Technical Degree or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Process System Design, Construction, Commissioning, or Troubleshooting in one or more of the following is desirable:
Bulk Receiving & Storage, Batching, Blending, HTST Systems, UHT Systems, Separating, Drying and Evaporating, Fermentation / Cultured Processes, Clean-In-Place, Soy Extraction, Packaging
- Demonstrates ability to deliver sound designs that follow industry standards: 3A Sanitary Standards, 2011 Pasteurized, Milk Ordinance, FDA & USDA requirements for Food and Beverage Processing, OSHA Standards, NEMA Standards, ASTM Standards for Sanitary Welding
- Development skill with most of the following: Microsoft Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, AutoCAD – 2D
- Willing to travel average of 30%, with periods exceeding 70%.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to occasionally walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision.
- Have a current driver’s license and verifiable employment history.
To comply with some state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided. The range given is broad and should be considered as a guideline only. Our client will consider a candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, the salaries of current employees in similar roles, and other factors when extending an offer.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields