Project Manager – Construction Engineering
The Construction Engineering Division is built on a foundation of industry experts who are not only knowledgeable in the construction industry but truly understand the challenges that contractors face on day-to-day operations and take pride in developing economic and efficient solutions to support the contractor’s needs and help bring projects to successful completion. Whether it’s in infrastructure or buildings, our Construction Engineers can be found in a highly technical atmosphere, designing/developing temporary structures and systems, custom rigging, crane plans and/or erection/demolition sequencing for a given project.
- Performing a structural analysis and/or stability review of existing/new bridges/structures for proposed construction loading and temporary conditions
- Development of demolition/erection sequence plans; including the stability analysis of the structure during each of the different stages of construction
- Analysis and design of temporary shoring towers/systems for both gravity and lateral loads.
- Analysis of Steel and Timber Structures and associated connections (Both Temporary and Permanent)
- Design/Detailing of hydraulic jacking and structural lifting systems; and hydraulic slide/rolling systems. Development of structural lifting, jacking and load transfer procedures and hydraulic schematics
- Development of Crane Pick Plans; including geometry and feasibility studies, Site Logistics, crane sizing and capacity checks, design of load distribution mats, custom rigging solutions.
- Design and Detailing of scaffolding, Fall protection (ie. life lines, hand rails, etc)
- Daily Coordination/communication with client, vendors and equipment suppliers, internal team members and drafting department
- On-site presence (1-4 times a month) to inspect temporary systems, erection/demolition progress, installation of cranes/equipment, 3rd party crane and hoist observations and peer reviews
- Carry out Designs for a complete project or singular component of a project and coordinate that task from start to completion.
- Work within assigned task scope and budget, and coordinate with client and team to develop effective and efficient solutions
- Project coordination… Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of the engineering work and interacts daily with team members, supervisor and drafting dept.
- Assists with and/or prepares proposals for professional engineering services.
- Management and coordination of Junior level staff
- QA/QC of submittals
- Assist in development of engineering standards
- Project management (schedules, budgets, staffing, etc)
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis
- PE is required
- 7-10 years of experience
- Must have 4+ years’ experience in the Construction Engineering Field (Design) and 2+ years of on-the-job construction experience (ie. laborer, foreman, crane/equipment operator, rigger, residential/commercial builder, field engineer, construction project manager, etc…)
- Strong fundamentals in Statics and Structural Analysis is required.
- Ability to perform neat hand calculations and calculations using Excel or Mathcad.
- Proven ability to be successful in a fast pace environment with minimal direction.
- Meticulous and Proven ability to maintain attention to detail
- Ability to manage budgets, schedules and self-time management
- Must have the ability to organize and handle multiple project assignments.
- Strong communication skills are required. Must be able to write field reports, technical reports, and communicate clearly and effectively through phone and email communication with clients.
- Exposure to computer-aided design (CAD), AutoCAD 2D is a must, 3D preferred.
- Exposure to commercially available 3D structural modeling software, RISA 3D, STAAD, SAP 2000, ETAB, RAM, SAFE, etc
- Comprehensive Knowledge of AASHTO (ASD 17th Ed. Preferred or LRFD), AREMA, AISC design methods, standards, and specifications.
- Knowledge and exposure to NYSDOT, LIRR and Metro North Railroad standards/regulations and ASME/ANSI Guidelines for Cranes and Rigging.
- Basic understanding an familiarization with means and methods of construction and different types of construction equipment (ie. excavators, wheel loaders, cranes, derricks, trucks and transport systems, hydraulics and rigging, formwork systems, etc)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) + matching
- Paid time off
- Summer Fridays
- Employee stock ownership plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development stipend
- Referral program
- Bonus pay
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields