Project Manager – Commercial Construction
$65,000 - $75,000 / yr
Project Manager / Estimator
We are looking for a dynamic Construction Project Manager / Estimator to join our team of professionals who specialize in new commercial construction, tenant improvement and renovation projects.
We know our people are at the core of our business and our success, so we treat them with the care and respect they deserve. We also understand that work-life balance is just as important as professional growth and job satisfaction, regardless of position or responsibilities.
Our company serves commercial retail, medical, religious, and light industrial markets in Middle Tennessee. We have nearly three decades of history delivering excellence to our clients and our community. Our company is a $20+ million design-build firm with 30+ employees. We construct projects on average in the $50,000 to $5 million range. Our company has been certified a Best Christian Workplace every year since 2016.
We want to learn about your experience, your career goals and what drives our company to retain long-term employees year-after-year. Give us the opportunity to see how we may possibly work together.
Some Benefits We Offer:
- Simple IRA with company match (3%)
- Comprehensive health insurance (company pays 85%)
- Bonus program
- Paid holidays and attractive vacation paid time-off
- More benefits will be discussed upon interview
The Project Manager/Estimator will coordinate the entire construction process from pre-construction through close-out. The PM will work with the Business Development/Precon departments and will be responsible for the overall success of the project from start-to-completion. The PM is the primary point of contact for the owner during this time period as well as post construction, and is responsible for client satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the construction process to effectively prevent and/or manage risk, and to seek solutions to problems as they arise. Responsibilities include planning, estimating, subcontractor selection, scheduling, budgeting, contract design/approval, managing subcontractors and vendors, contract negotiations, managing client expectations, dispute resolution, and procurement of materials/supplies. Excellent communication skills are a must!
Additional Important Attributes:
- Ultimately responsible for project success measured by client satisfaction, budget maintenance, profitability, and schedule adherence.
- Must have a proven track-record for successful project delivery, and client satisfaction for commercial projects over 3+ years.
- Competent to manage all aspects of a construction project on a stand-alone basis with only additional support from upper management on an infrequent basis.
- Expected to have enough experience and depth of knowledge in managing construction projects that he/she is able to be the driving force behind providing solutions to problems that are presented, and capable of unifying key team members to advance the solution.
- Have an understanding of the language and inherent risk in standard owner and subcontracts and how to implement these contract documents in the best interests of the company with some oversight from upper management.
- Competent and proficient in writing scopes of work into subcontract exhibits.
- Ability to competently create a CPM schedule and modify it according to the needs of the project.
- Understand the fundamentals of scheduling to provide guidance to project staff.
- Responsible for creating an accurate Financial Risk Analysis for the project.
- Able to partner with the project Superintendent and lead the project as necessary in an effort to maintain project schedule.
- Understand how to diagnose and manage risk on projects.
- Able to drive the project schedule with all of the players involved, including team members, subcontractors, owners, owner representatives and designers while still maintaining the strong relationships required for a unified team approach.
- Ability to manage project close-out—including holding initial meetings with owners regarding the close-out process and managing the project team to ensure a timely close-out.
- Must have a current driver’s license valid the past 12 consecutive months and an acceptable motor vehicle record (no DUI’s in the past 36 months).
- Background checks are a required part of our hiring process.
Necessary Education & Experience Qualifications:
- High School Diploma (Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management is preferred.)
- Minimum 3+ years of project management experience in new construction and renovation.
- Residential construction experience considered (commercial construction preferred).
- Estimation experience only considered if the candidate has some PM experience in commercial construction.
- Subcontractor experience considered, but commercial general contractor experience is preferred.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields