Project Manager Commercial Construction
Project Manager / Commercial Construction Charleston SC
- Construction company headquartered in Charleston with over 20 years’ experience building for national retailers and developers
- Strong relationships with repeat clients
- Specializes in National Retail construction, Single Tenant Retail construction, Design Build, Up-Fit/Remodel
- Clients are readily recognizable retailers
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- Opportunity to work a respected retail contractors in a worker friendly environment
- Fast paced and collaborative atmosphere
- Company believes in advancing employees skills and knowledge through industry training and other resources.
- Participation in company bonus plan
- 401k with match
- Vacation time
- Payment towards individual insurance policy and dollars contributed towards indemnity plan
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY:
The Project Manager is responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. Additionally, this position has responsibilities that will span a broad-spectrum including Project Planning, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, and Safety Management. The Project Manager prepares status reports and works to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications. Strong interpersonal and communication skills will be essential since the Project Manager will work closely with Project Owners, Vendors, Subcontractors, Project Estimators, and Accounting.
- Manage all aspects of the project during the construction phase including contractual, planning, and budget management.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with the project owners, architects, engineers, clients, and others to ensure overall client satisfaction; initiate and maintain liaison with client/owner/and A/E contracts for facilitate construction activities
- Lead and manage various project teams including superintendents, project coordinators, subcontractors and others to ensure all work is completed on time, within budget, and in accordance with development and contract agreements
- Prepare and submit weekly progress reports including photos, prepare for and attend weekly conference calls
- Coordinate and obtain necessary permits required for commencement of construction, review design documents for conflicts and completeness, and participate in developing/negotiating contract agreements with clients
- Manage and administer the Construction Phase of the project including reviewing, analyzing and executing Bid Analysis, monitor submittal review, and process and monitor Request for Information review and process.
- Monitor contractor performance; insure adherence to terms and conditions of agreements
- Review bid documents and assist with bidder solicitation activities
- 5 yrs. or more project management experience in commercial construction
- Ability to read and understand contracts, plans, and specs
- Ability to understand, reconcile, review AIA requisitions, project budget and schedules
- Due to significant electronic reporting, tech savvy is critical
- Proficiency with MS Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus
- Excellent communication skills including presentation skills
- Familiarity with Sage / Timberline
- Excellent Time Management Skills
The ideal candidate will have the desire, ability, and ambition to succeed with each project!
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields