Project Manager Chemical Plant
$110,000 - $120,000 / yr
Our client, located in the Wilmington, DE area, is a leading global manufacturer of specialty chemicals used in consumer and industrial products. Due to their continued growth, we are seeking a Project Engineering Manager with chemical, petrochemical, bulk pharmaceutical, or refinery capital project engineering/management experience. This position offers an excellent opportunity to have wide ranging responsibility inside the plant from concept through commissioning and startup involving multiple engineering disciplines. This individual will be responsible for the following.
- Manage multi-disciplined capital projects from concept through installation and startup.
- Oversee 2 internal engineers and 3rd party contractors to progress projects through a stage gated process including detailed design, equipment specification and selection, cost estimation, vendor selection, bid analysis and awarding, contractor selection, construction supervision, commissioning, and startup.
- Request for proposals, secure and analyze bids, scope of work, project execution plans, deliverable lists, schedule development and management.
- Have general experience with piping and ASME codes, valves and pumps, instrumentation and controls, PLCs, and electrical.
- Will interface with plant personnel, site contractors and vendors.
- Must be knowledgeable of PSM, OSHA and plant safety procedures.
- Projects will include, large process piping modification, chemical process units, mechanical equipment, process units, boilers, flares and more involving all engineering disciplines.
- Assist in development of strategic multi-year capital plan
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or Chemical, Mechanical or Civil Engineering preferred
- 5 plus years of chemical, petrochemical, refinery, or bulk pharmaceutical capital project engineering/management experience
- Multidiscipline project management experience with a minimum value of $3MM and above is required.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields