$125,000 - $145,000 / yr
The Project Manager leads Product Development projects for new or improved products within Our Clients Hospitality and Specialty Communications division. In addition to leading projects, the Project Manager will help design and implement an improved project management process, including building out the templates, tools and dashboards to support product development from feasibility study to production release, following the New Product Development process. The Project Manager is responsible for completing projects within time, cost and performance constraints that are acceptable to internal and external customers. During project execution the Project Manager will identify and resolve any issues and conflicts within project teams. If during the execution of a project potential for improvements to the New Product Development process are identified, the Project Manager will propose changes such that the process is improved.
What you will do in the position:
- Lead planning and execution of development projects, from the concept phase to the release.
- Monitor, track, and coach Agile software development scrum teams as Scrum Master.
- Suggests improvements to the New Product Development Process.
- Works with other project managers on the creation of standard tools, templates, metrics and dashboards to monitor projects.
- Creates the project plans for each approved product development effort.
- Applies advanced project management skills to hardware, software and system projects.
- Establishes, maintains and communicates program milestones and timelines.
- Manages risk including monitoring the program critical path and contingency planning; assists management with resource planning.
- Executes assigned project tasks including technical and business work products.
- Completes projects within time, cost and performance constraints that are acceptable to internal and external customers.
- Ensures development teams meet interim and final deliverables.
- Prepares and presents project status to senior management staff, including progress, problems, project risk and potential risk mitigation plans.
- Implements product development process improvements with the goals of reducing project cycle times while continuing to meet internal needs.
- Effectively deploys Lean A3 Thinking and the Lean A3 Problem Solving Process.
- Assists with special projects as requested.
- Serves as a cross-functional project manager, responsible for coordinating efforts of Core and Extended Team members from across the organization to achieve program objectives.
- Provides an open environment and promotes teamwork across the organization; acts as a catalyst to remove organizational barriers.
- Ensures development teams meet interim and final deliverables. Demonstrates and advocatesOur Clients Values.
What you will need to succeed in this position:
- Good knowledge of business practices and protocols.
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Technical skills relevant to project management.
- The ability to work well with others and lead a team.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong presentation and influence skills.
- Organizational, planning and detail follow-up skills required; demonstrated ability to plan a project and execute to a timeline.
- Ability to lead and influence in a matrix environment without direct authority over team members.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while juggling multiple projects.
- 3 – 5+ years’ experience in a related field
- BA or BS (college graduate) – Required
- Technical School or Certificate – Required Project Management (PMP)
- Technical School or Certificate – Preferred Engineering General
- MA or MBA (masters degree) – Preferred
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields