Project Manager – Capital Projects
Project Manager – Capital Projects – Charlotte, NC
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
The Project Manager – Capital Projects has single-point accountability to deliver Level 2 projects on time, within the prescribed budgeted margins, and ensure scope is managed/controlled effectively. The Project Manager – Capital Projects will serve as the primary customer contact for all project activities once the PO approval/order confirmation is validated through project closeout (final invoicing).
Project Manager – Capital Projects’ key responsibilities start with the overall planning of the entire project life cycle, including the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of the project. The approach will follow a phased workflow.
Project Initiation Phase:
- Includes the project handoff from Sales, identifying the project team, completing the Proposal Review Checklist, Leading the Decision Point 1 (DP-1) gate review, and coordinating the initial transfer meeting.
- Also includes validating the sales proposal assumptions, highlighting potential risks, issues, and discrepancies, establishing an open items action list, and creating a preliminary milestone project schedule.
Execution, Monitoring, and Control Phase:
- Includes coordination of client site visits, tracking customer drawing approvals, coordinating equipment specs and material purchases, confirming install vendors, leading the transportation shipment planning, validating the installation, and confirming the start-up and commission.
Close-Out and Customer Acceptance Phase:
- Includes ensuring all project open items have been closed out, customer confirmation of project acceptance, and formal notification of project closure.
- Ensure project acceptance invoice billing is completed as per the execution schedule.
- Monitor fabrication build plan and report any delays or changes that could impact the schedule.
- Communication of all issues in a timely manner.
- Ownership of the project change management process.
- Manage project modification requests from the customer and re-estimate project timelines and budgets accordingly.
- Monitor material supply schedule and ensure timely delivery of project material as per the project plan.
- Responsible for the project financials and variances.
- Pre-start-up Installation notification completion coordination.
- Timely updates to the project forecasts and POC throughout the project lifecycle.
Your Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Project Management, or a related field is desired.
- 5 plus years experience in relevant project management experience leading small, short-term capital equipment projects required.
- In-depth understanding of building project timelines (milestone development).
- Ability to manage several project orders simultaneously.
- Ability to follow up and manage customer expectations.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Worked within an ERP system to process and track orders.
- Proficient in MS Suite and CRM systems.
Your Skills, Traits & Style:
- High integrity, accuracy, and efficiency in business development tasks resulting in the best possible performance.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Analytical and systematic with an affinity for problem-solving, negotiating, and time management.
- High energy, drive, and self-motivation.
- Proven cross-functional leadership capabilities.
- Empathetic and pragmatic with a hands-on approach.
- Order management skills.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields