Project Engineer – Water/Wastewater – 1155714
We are a Houston-based civil engineering firm providing a wide range of infrastructure services to both public and private sector clients in Texas. Our integrated team of professional engineers is skilled and experienced in all areas of site and land development, utility districts, public works, transportation, hydrology, and environmental engineering.
Project Engineer – Water Wastewater
REQUIRED: This position focuses solely on delivering the engineering designs associated with water treatment plants. The ideal candidate will have hands on experience with designing water treatment plants.
Essential Job Duties:
· Participate in project “kick off” meeting to understand the scope and nature of the project, confirm all necessary documentation, and determine design criteria.
· Gather documents needed to create design plans, determine the drawing sequence and design presentation.
· Prepare project submittals, conduct necessary research, and document results of analysis and research findings
· Serve as Project Engineer in the design and review of projects such as complex water, sewer, storm sewer, paving and drainage systems, major street construction, refinement of rough sketches, without conflicts; prepare drainage area grading plans, and calculations, per client requirements; create facility alignments, profiles and plans.
· Assist in conducting feasibility studies, coordinating with the Project Manager, to assess costs, project options, and project advantages
· Under close supervision, review of plan quantities to ensure all numbers are accurate, compilation of bid documents and review all documents with construction department.
· Provide accurate accounting of time spent on projects, with descriptions for each time entry
· May set project priority for CAD Technicians within given projects
· May be required to go on site visits for necessary research
· Coordination and communication with local reviewing authorities
· Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· One to five years of experience Professional Engineers’ (P.E.) License in the State of Texas
· Minimum of five (5) years of progressive design experience and three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in professional civil engineering field.
· Must possess current knowledge of local, state and federal design codes and regulations, industry practices and regulations, and the ability to read and understand construction drawings and legal documents
· Must possess thorough knowledge of current technology and the capabilities and efficiencies of specific engineering software for use in completing engineering assignments
We offer a highly competitive compensation package based on experience. Our benefits package includes medical-dental-vision coverage, 401k plan w/ employer matching contribution and continuing education programs.
We sincerely appreciate your interest and will carefully evaluate your qualifications for employment. Be assured your opportunity for employment with our company will be based only on your merit without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, or any other factor unrelated to job requirements.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields