San Francisco, CA
Project Engineers have the opportunity to engage in a wide variety of unique and challenging design projects while learning from and working shoulder-to-shoulder with industry leaders. You’ll join a team of experienced engineers and will be expected to use creative, solution-based thinking to develop designs and participate in collaborative efforts.
To excel in this position, you’ll need to bring current and relevant experience in structural design and detailing as well as preparing construction drawings. The company also looking for someone that is able to problem solve and eager to learn and grow in the structural engineering field.
- Perform lateral and gravity analysis and design of structures utilizing wood, steel, masonry, and concrete systems
- Preparation of project working drawings between Junior Engineers, CAD staff, and others
- Coordinate projects between clients, consultants, and contractors
- Use expertise and independent judgement to review and interpret technical documents from other
- consultants (geotechnical engineering reports, civil engineering plans, etc.)
- Review shop drawings for compliance with construction contract documents
- Conduct site visits and key structural observations for work in progress
- Issue field instructions, change orders, respond to RFI’s, and other construction administrative documentation
- Collaborate on and prepare engineering reports based on visual inspections of the buildings and review of the available building drawings
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Self-motivated individual with a minimum of 5 years’ of professional structural engineer experience in analysis and design of structures for schools, offices, retail stores, warehouses, multi-family housing, large residences, etc.
- BSCE ( or related, specialized degree) in structural engineering required and California CE or SE license highly desired/preferred.
- Experience in seismic design and structural design utilizing steel, concrete, wood, light gage steel, and masonry
- Excellent communication, time management, and technical writing skills
- Proficiency in structural modeling and design programs (RISA, ETABS, SAFE, SAP, ADAPT)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is a plus
- A team player that is able to work well with a variety of personalities to achieve mutual goals
- Four weeks paid vacation plus generous holiday allowance
- Hybrid work model that includes two remote days a week
- 401(K) with matching company contribution
- Medical and dental insurance
- Commuter benefits
- On-going career growth opportunities
- Flexible, inclusive, and supportive work environment
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields