Long Beach, CA
$65,000 - $120,000 / yr
The Project Engineer position at Company, with support from senior management, will work within our fast-paced, multi-task environment and provide project related management and estimating functions for small to medium sized Gas & Oil projects throughout the western United States, such as DOT replacements, rehab work (anomaly repairs), facility modifications, distribution projects and mainline projects.
Major Job Elements:
- Ensure completion of project deliverables (schedule, estimate, construction plan) according to customer requirements.
- Accountable for project performance (scope, safety, quality, schedule, and cost).
- Act as the single point of contact between Company and the customer regarding project activities.
- Manage Subcontractors and Suppliers, generating purchase orders and subcontractor agreements.
- Support field operations and staff, working closely with the site supervision for the project.
- Changed Conditions management through the customer’s specific methodology to capture scope changes on the project and their associated cost and schedule impacts.
- Manage project costs, including development of recovery plans to stay within budget limits.
- Prepare project status reports.
- Provide forecasts and cash flow for projects.
- Assist in the generation of billing to the customer.
- Communicate project performance data to management and customers, as required.
- Assist in the development and provide updates for project schedules on multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Preparing written procedures for special work plans.
- Attend and document meetings.
- Project Document Control Responsibilities.
- Manage the creation and control of Turnover Packages.
- Prepare and maintain as-built drawings for the project.
- Estimate and proposal development including analyzing scope documents and technical writing.
- Assist in marketing and business development activities as required.
- Leadership and superior communication skills are essential.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Construction Management preferred.
- 2+ years of experience involved in project management in the construction industry, with Utility construction experience preferred.
- Experience in any of the following areas is a plus: contract management, CPM scheduling, or Earned Value Management.
- Experience with computerized bidding software, such as Hard Dollar.
- Previous experience in estimating Gas & Oil construction is preferred.
- Ability to interpret detailed prints and specifications for conceptual, lump sum or unit pricing and to negotiate pricing as needed.
- Ability to perform take-offs, compare unit pricing and solicit subcontractor pricing.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields