Project Engineer (Injection Molding)
The Project Engineer, plans, conducts, and coordinates assignments normally involving a variety of engineering projects of various complexity. Assignments are broad in nature with considerable latitude and decisions are seldom reviewed. The role performs engineering duties to complete semi-complex to complex projects.
- Oversees programs, varying in complexity, from conception through customer approval including developing and coordinating product designs, tooling builds and program budgets ensuring engineering and design quality.
- Investigates and research materials, tooling, and capital equipment costs to provide detailed cost estimating information for new and revised products.
- Establishes/interprets process procedures, inspections procedures, specifications and standards and makes recommendations on improvements to promote the continuous improvement effort.
- Develop standards for design of tools, fixtures, and specific capital equipment to ensure maximum efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Suggests, develops, sells, and implements programs to management and customers to continuously improve quality, productivity, and costs.
- Determines tests for new products and materials per customer performance specifications.
- Assists in the development and training of corporate and plant personnel on new or changed programs to ensure standards are communicated and maintained in a consistent and efficient manner.
- Maintains and enhances communications between Customers, Plants, Corporate Engineering, and Corporate Sales to maintain and improve customer satisfaction.
- Monitors and keeps projects moving forward in an efficient manner by providing specific direction to design/drafters on new and changing products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Field.
- Three to 5 years of related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Capital Project Equipment Experience.
- Plastic Molding Experience.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields