Project Engineer – III
Large controls systems integration firm with multiple locations, 50 years in business, and growing! They need level III Project Engineers to, under minimal supervision, plan, direct, and coordinate the design, development and execution of Engineering scope. Plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standards, techniques, procedures, and criteria. Assist/leads the team in the development, design, and execution of complete Engineering solutions. This includes specification reviews, development program timelines and reports, design reviews, simple mechanical designs, documentation packages, preproduction builds and transfers to production. Provide technical support of mature products currently in production. Provide technical support on basic, stand-alone engineering assignments. Train, direct, and monitor other employee’s projects. Work closely with engineering staff to resolve customer issues and concerns in regards to product capabilities and design.
Locations available for this role: Sacramento, Brea, or Temecula, CA or Irving, TX
Why work here?:
- Stable company with over 50 years in business and growing steadily!
- CSIA-Certified System Integrator!
- Excellent reputation in the industry with the capacity to do very large projects!
- Competitive salary paid accrued vacation, full benefits, 401K with company-funded matching!
- Employee health insurance premiums paid by company
- Environmentally conscious company that looks for ways to reduce its carbon footprint
- Involved in the community with fundraisers and charities
- Fun company events and chess, ping-pong, and basketball teams!
- Only 20% travel or less!!!
- Perform routine engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Assist in the review and approval of contractor plans, including goals and objectives, work breakdown structure, detailed scope descriptions, detailed schedules, risk management approach, and budgets.
- Produce quality work products, which meet or exceed customer expectations, and conform to standards and procedures.
- Clear understanding of project requirements and specifications; scope, budget, schedule and expectations set by the Project Engineer and Project Manager.
- Obtain input from internal sources on jobs that may have similar scope and specifications.
- Provide input to others as requested concerning their project needs.
- Provide technical direction, serve as a point of contact or business liaison, prepare briefings for senior management and assist in problem resolution specific to the program/project.
- Participate in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products.
- Provide technical support to Sales and Marketing for bids and proposals.
- Review standards and guidelines; stay current and apply them; get peers to review work whenever possible.
- Complete task assignments within established budgets and schedules.
- Monitor your own progress against your budget and schedule.
- Notify Project Engineer and Project Manager of budget and schedule impacts and problems.
- Explain project specifications in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Attend formal training programs, review journals and other publications related to the field help develop new skills or improve existing skills.
- Ability to design, and test all aspects of electrical components, equipment, and machinery.
- Understanding of manufacturing workflow, including planning activities.
Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE).
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering design principles and methodologies.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories.
- Extensive knowledge in AutoCAD, computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in electrical design with current circuit technology and processes (analog, digital and/or high voltage design).
- At least 4 years experience in design and analysis of electrical/electronic systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields