Project Engineer II
Large controls systems integration firm with multiple locations, 50 years in business, and growing! They need level II Project Engineers to, under moderate supervision, assist in the design and execution of Engineering projects. This includes specification reviews, development program timelines and reports, design reviews, simple mechanical designs, documentation packages, preproduction builds and transfers to production. Provide technical support of mature electronic products currently in production.
Locations available for this role: Sacramento, Brea, or Temecula, CA
Why work here?:
- Stable company with over 50 years in business and growing steadily!
- CSIA-Certified System Integrator!
- Excellent reputation in the industry with the capacity to do very large projects!
- Competitive salary paid accrued vacation, full benefits, 401K with company-funded matching!
- Employee health insurance premiums paid by company
- Environmentally conscious company that looks for ways to reduce its carbon footprint
- Involved in the community with fundraisers and charities
- Fun company events and chess, ping-pong, and basketball teams!
- Only 20% travel or less!!!
- Perform routine engineering work requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria
- Assist in the review and approval of contractor plans, including goals and objectives, work breakdown structure, detailed scope descriptions, detailed schedules, risk management approach, and budgets
- Produce quality work products, which meet or exceed customer expectations, and conform to standards and procedures
- Clear understanding of project requirements and specifications; scope, budget, schedule, and expectations set by the Lead Project Engineer and Project Manager
- Obtain input from internal sources on jobs that may have similar scope and specifications
- Provide input to others as requested concerning their project needs
- Provide technical direction, serves as a point of contact or business liaison, prepares briefings for senior management and assists in problem resolution specific to the program/project
- Participate in project teams and all activities related to the development of new products
- Provide technical support to Sales and Marketing for bids and proposals
- Review standards and guidelines; stay current and apply them; get peers to review work
- Complete task assignments within established budgets and schedules
- Monitor your own progress against your budget and schedule
- Notify Lead Project Engineer and Project Manager of budget and schedule impacts and problems
- Explain project specifications in a clear and concise manner
- Perform other related and associated duties as assigned by the Engineering Manager or Lead Project Engineer
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Attend formal training programs, review journals and other publications related to the field help develop new skills or improve existing skills
- Ability to design, and understand aspects of electrical components, equipment, and machinery
- Understanding of manufacturing workflow, including planning activities
Education and Knowledge:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
- Knowledge of electrical engineering design principles and methodologies
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access) and Adobe Acrobat
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories
- Extensive knowledge in AutoCAD, computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in electrical design with current circuit technology and processes (analog, digital and/or high voltage design)
- At least 2 years’ experience in design and analysis of electrical/electronic systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields