Our client has been serving the automotive industry for over 40 years. They deliver outstanding results due to their commitment to continuous improvement in quality, cost, delivery, and technology, with multiple Supplier of the Year awards to prove it. The Program Manager is responsible for managing the development and design of components for multiple customer programs. They will manage program budget and timeline, leads the product design team, and serve as the primary liaison with Customers, Sales, Design, Estimating, Accounting, Quality, and Manufacturing.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in pre-production feasibility reviews to determine whether new products are designed within manufacturing standards
- Participate in the development and review of the quote.
- Generate Engineering Change Request documents for all changes that impact tooling and/or product pricing.
- Maintain the program’s overall budget. Review and track all Sales Orders for the program.
- Works with Sales and Manufacturing to support resolution of price amendments, sales orders, and other debits that affect profitability.
- Responsible for completing the program within the design, engineering, and tooling budgets agreed to for the program.
- Manages PEs, MEs, QEs, and Designers as it relates to program timing, budget, quality, customer satisfaction, APQP and launch activities.
- Take the leadership role in the product design team and serve as the technical liaison between sales, design, engineering, estimating, accounting, quality, and manufacturing.
- Supports the part design using a set-based options approach. Supports Kaizens and A3 development activities.
- Participate in ongoing meetings with the customer to review concerns and issues. Prepare cost savings suggestions for the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline
- 7+ years of manufacturing experience, including experience with injection molded plastics
- 2+ years of automotive program management experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields