West Chicago, IL
$85,000 - $125,000 / yr
- We have an immediate need for a Production Supervisor for a 2nd shift (Monday – Friday, 3 pm – 11 pm) due to increase in business and expansion
- This role is being groomed to become a 1st shift Manager in 1-3 years
- The Production Supervisor manages and coordinates the activities of production personnel engaged in providing leadership, lean initiatives, direction, and facilitation on multiple high-speed production lines.
- Local candidates preferred
- Direct and coach production operators in the execution of daily/weekly production schedules for multiple lines.
- Manage within labor and operating expense budget.
- Coordinate production ensuring safety, quality and productivity while minimizing waste.
- Meet the productivity, quality, safety, health, environmental and morale goals established for the site.
- Complete and update all necessary production paperwork and record.
- Ensure equipment in the area assigned is in working order and that working conditions are always safe.
- Review and analyze production records to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Make recommendations for long term solutions, including recommendations for replacing equipment, refurbishing equipment, procedural changes, productivity improvement, material change, etc., related to the area of accountability.
- Drive the continuous improvement agenda in area of responsibility through teamwork, skills, and capability development.
- Staff, train, evaluate and develop team members.
- Manage and facilitate employee and management relationship within the guidelines of the labor contract and company policy.
- BA/BS/AAS degree or an equivalent of 5+ years of manufacturing supervision required
- 5+ years of leadership experience in a manufacturing setting, plastics is preferred
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish is is a plus
- Veterans thrive in this environment
- Experience with coaching, mentoring, leading, developing, training and disciplining employees as needed
- Strong knowledge of Lean manufacturing practices, Kaizen, TPM, and/or other methods of Continuous Improvement
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields