$60,000 - $70,000 / yr
Our Nevada, IA manufacturing company is looking to hire a Production Supervisor to their Night Shift operations (6pm-6am). The Production Supervisor will supervises the day-to-day shift activities of assigned processes and personnel to ensure excellence in manufacturing, safety, quality, production scheduling, maintenance, and continuous improvement methodologies that embrace Lean Manufacturing. Perform daily walks to direct & support all standard work procedures and policies and foster a good team working environment around the organizations Core Values and Vision statement.
- Understand and embrace Continuous Improvement and supports a team environment.
- Balance shift production levels to meet and exceed internal and external customer expectations.
- Review production schedule, quality, and customer deadlines to support the operational contribution to maximize profits.
- Monitor and maintain production flow and job scheduling.
- Execute operational strategies throughout shift activities to increase production and improve efficiencies.
- Supervise shift contributions to any capital improvement implementations or projects.
- Continually evaluate shift activities to improve production output, production quality, workflow, safety, employee development and improved tenure of shift employees.
- Provide direction and leadership to associates in understanding and implementing operational objectives.
- Interface and communicate with all departments and shifts to insure quality and efficient product completion.
- Identify, recommend and implement measures to improve production throughput, equipment performance, product quality, waste reduction, resource flow and cell efficiencies.
- Coach, train and develop staff using Continuous Improvement methods and kaizen events.
- Develop and provide performance evaluations and scorecards of the shift associates.
- Evaluate and provide compensation recommendations for direct reports.
- Manage timekeeping, attendance, overtime scheduling and other personnel issues.
- Participate in new-hire selection, on-boarding and training.
- Participate in off-shift meetings and projects/coverage for peer absences and extra shifts.
- Monitor and ensure safety and 5s compliance.
- Participate in and promote team problem solving and process improvement
- Perform Root Cause Analysis, A3. P.D.C.A. and 5 whys on problem issues.
- Update and hold weekly shift meetings presenting goals and standard work.
- Monitor QTMS planned target speeds and ensure work centers are in compliant with audits.
- Ensure the entire shift follows our core values and understands the vision statement.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Any background in printing, paper, paper converting, or envelopes industries highly preferred!
- Lean, 6 Sigma, TQM or ISO experience a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard processes and work procedures within a manufacturing environment.
- Have a good foundation of basic kaizen skills, including such tools as 5S, P.D.C.A., VSM and practical trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates and exemplifies a collaborative, proactive and positive approach while actively promoting a team environment culture.
- Ability to analyze production data and communicate results with production team.
- Ability to apply a variety of written instructions furnished in written or oral form; read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedural manuals, and job tickets.
- Ability to provide S.M.A.R.T. goals to performance evaluations and that all reviews are done on time.
- Positive and passionate about employing EOS Traction into the organization.
- Expertise in Change Management; “To improve is to change.“
- Leadership by Example: Setting examples that others want to follow.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer applications and peripherals. Literacy in Microsoft Outlook.
- Listening and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields