Fort Madison, IA
$65,000 - $78,000 / yr
The Production Supervisor Must be able to work 2nd or 3rd shift. Leads team members to identify, manage, and execute the plant’s process improvement opportunities. Manages production staff to attain production and quality goals. Identifies problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolves issues. Ensures production resources including materials, equipment and human resources are available as needed to maintain production schedules. Supports continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost and customer service. Responsible for managing and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team oriented work force in order to improve business results.
- Monitor production to ensure that quality, productivity, and cost standards are maintained.
- Provide employee training to ensure that employees are performing job responsibilities effectively.
- Assist with the supervision of sanitation operations as necessary to promote and maintain a clean and food safe environment.
- Enforce plant rules, regulations and procedures.
- Evaluate subordinate performance, communicate with employees, and provide information for work performance improvement.
- Participate in the support of plant and company safety programs, promoting and maintaining a high level of awareness and adherence to defined employee safety requirements such as lock-out/tag-out, personal protective equipment, confined space entry, etc.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering, Food Science, Agricultural Sciences, or other Natural Science degrees preferred. Other degrees will be considered.
- One years+ supervisory experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and loss
- Knowledge of GMP’s
- Working knowledge of plant equipment and safety
- Ability to distinguish normal/abnormal
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Previous experience in a food-processing or manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Ability to work weekends and/or shift work with a strong work ethic and employment history.
- A self-motivated individual that is able to multi-task and lead others.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields