Blue Island, IL
$65,000 - $75,000 / yr
- Consumer products manufacturer that has been in business for 39 years has a need for several Production Supervisors on 2nd shift
- Our client offers fantastic benefits, stability, growth and a great team atmosphere.
- Jobs are open due to recent expansions and is hiring for 2 supervisors on 2nd shift
- LOCAL candidates only
- Great culture with tremendous growth potential
- Monday – Friday job
- Great salary with great PTO
- Fantastic benefits including a 401K
- Manage, direct and coordinate all activities related to a production shift to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining quality.
- Manage, lead, coach, train and develop a team of 15-20 union employees
- Coordinate with Scheduler to ensure daily production requirements are achieved.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities including interviewing, hiring & training employees; planning, assigning & directing work; appraising performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; addressing complaints & resolving problems.
- Ensure all production data is gathered and reported correctly on a daily basis.
- Support & improve upon quality initiatives designed to meet plant goals.
- Ensures safety programs are implemented effectively, reviewed regularly and revised as necessary.
- Utilize lean, six-sigma, quality methodologies and other continuous improvement tools to track KPI’s, metrics and improve OEE efficiencies
- HS diploma required
- Excellent leadership skills with skills to coach, teach and develop employees; union experience is preferred
- 2+ years supervision experience in a high-speed environment
- Good verbal & interpersonal communication skills; ability to work well in group situations; ability to deal effectively with conflict in mature & consistent manner.
- Computer literate in spreadsheet and word applications
- BS/BA in operations, business, engineering or related education
- Able to work in a high-speed facility with the capability of tracking KPI’s, efficiencies and implementing lean manufacturing or continuous improvement methodologies
- Knowledgeable of GMP’s, FDA, AIB, USDA, SQF and OSHA regulations
- Experience with lean manufacturing, 5S, six-sigma or other continuous improvement tools. Lean or Six-sigma certifications
- Military veterans preferred
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields