Production Manager, Food Manufacturing, Warden, WA
Accountable for leading all production activities supporting the plant’s goals and objectives, including the optimization of customer loyalty and the recognition of safety, productivity, quality, and financial goals. Manage the 24/7 operation to meet schedule and operational efficiency requirements. Responsible for the development of productivity, quality, safety systems supporting continued growth, transformational process, and system improvements.
Specific Responsibilities of the Position:
- Expected to have the knowledge and capabilities to perform all the duties in the entire department.
- Leads and directs staff in daily setup of machinery according to production schedule and standards.
- Promotes safe work practices and safe work environment and encourages all employees to help reduce and eliminate safety issues
- Is responsible for monitoring and reporting performance of KPIs as well as developing, communicating, and coaching employees on KPI
- Monitors and recommends strategies to reduce production downtime
- Executes production schedule as assigned by Plant Manager
- Prepares and manages department budget, in collaboration with Plant Manager
- Approves, reviews, and updates SOP/WI and ensures training, communication, and adherence department wide
- Ensures proper employee trainings are provided
- Reviews and approves employee timecards and PTO requests
- Manages department overtime hours with direction from Plant Manager
- Performs job interviews and evaluates perspective new hires
- Communicates with HR on staffing concerns or employee issues
- Completes all employee status change forms
- Possess the ability to effectively work and communicate across multiple departments and with multiple team members
- Communicates all expectations, issues, objectives, and goals to the production team
- Ensures compliance with GMP audit and is responsible for resolving, correcting, or addressing outstanding issues monthly
- Ensures adherence to and compliance with all food safety standards and regulations as set forth by Quality Assurance or management
- Serves as backup for Plant Manager when needed
- Other related duties as assigned
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in Food Manufacturing/Production Processes.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. This position has high time demands and pressures that require the incumbent to effectively prioritize, juggle, and manage numerous projects at once.
- Strong leadership skills – Ability to build trust and credibility, provide direction, communicate, and ensure alignment across the Production Team and within the Leadership Team at the plant.
- Strong interpersonal skills – Ability to establish and maintain effective key business relationships with both internal staff and external contacts.
- Computer Proficiency: Adept at using computer office management tools, such as excel, electronic mail, word processing programs as an integral part of day-to-day activity. Ability to use applicable in-house systems to do necessary analysis and report generation required to support management and decision-making activities.
Education and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Prefer 3 to 5 years’ experience at a supervisory level with production responsibilities as a focus
- Manufacturing experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with a variety of production, and quality concepts, tools, practices, and procedures
- Lean, 5S, Six Sigma, etc. experience/training is a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, cold and wet environments. The noise level in the work environment can be moderate to high. 20% normal office environment with 80% manufacturing environment.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US, now and in the future, without sponsorship.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields