Salt Lake City, UT
$115,000 - $135,000 / yr
The Production Manager oversees packaging operations in a large union manufacturing plant for food & beverage consumer packaged goods in Greater Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Lead and coach team members and supervisors to meet safety, quality, and productivity goals.
- Report weekly on packaging performance and manage key performance indicators.
- Implement the Daily Management System, address issues, and prioritize actions.
- Ensure safety and promote a zero-incident culture.
- Improve product quality and cost-efficiency through SOPs and best practices.
- Align front-line management, develop teams, and drive motivation.
- Contribute to performance targets and process improvement.
- Provide training, coaching, and problem-solving tools to encourage fact-based decision-making.
- Coach Shift Managers on food safety, quality, cost, and problem-solving.
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing/Engineering/Business Management/Food Science or related field preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years of leadership experience in high-speed food or chemical production or 15 years of relevant industry experience without a degree.
- Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement knowledge.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and time management.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and adaptable.
- Team player with a willingness to work flexible schedules.
- Resourceful and able to make decisions under pressure.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields