Job Type: Production Manager
Hours of Work: 4-day work week M-TH (4/10)
Producing the highest quality, high-performance, energy-efficient glass products does not need to come at the expense of employee quality of life. Despite 20% growth in the past year alone, this company’s work-life balance is a hallmark of its commitment to employee wellness. So how do they demonstrate that commitment? Among other benefits you can expect a 4/10 work week, mentorship program, proven growth path, full benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
As Production Manager, you will be responsible for building and leading the day-to-day production operations for the full production team at a 125,000-square-foot facility.
The company makes high-performance, energy-efficient glass products, primarily for the commercial building industry world wide. They recently invested substantially in new equipment for faster order production, reduced environmental impact, and increased employee safety
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensuring production scheduled for completion is executed on time and within all quality parameters.
- Maintain production and quality control standards.
- Encourage, Manage, and Lead for maximum production flow while ensuring safety and quality throughout.
- Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organization policies and applicable laws.
- Coordinate production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control.
- Using Lean principles, KPIs, and Visual management processes in a job shop manufacturing and assembly environment to monitor daily production and to show progress towards daily and monthly targets.
- Develop and implement operating methods and procedures to eliminate problems and improve product quality.
- Hiring and performance management: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and redirecting work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Drive employee engagement by establishing an environment of trust and respect.
- Drives step function improvements in productivity, cost reduction, plant output, capacity, and waste while delivering quality products complete and on time to the customer.
Please note, Candidates without experience in the glass industry will not be considered for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Five years of progressive manufacturing experience.
- Three years in plant or operations management within the glass manufacturing industry.
- Two years utilizing lean manufacturing techniques in a manufacturing environment.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields