Production Manager (Chemical)
This position is responsible of the efficient, safe, and environmentally correct operation and growth of this manufacturing facility. The Production Manager will develop and implement new programs to achieve higher quality and productivity and be the Corporation’s representative to direct and achieve the plants vision & objectives.
This role will be a manufacturing leader who can push forward the necessary strategies and programs to increase quality, productivity, and customer service.
· Direct and supervise overall activities of the manufacturing production, engineering, quality control, distribution, and administration organization at Lakewood with the goal of enhancing quality, productivity, and growth.
· Develop and manage capital spending plans and annual operating budgets.
· Manage the resources of the organization to achieve immediate and long-range objectives in terms of production costs, schedules, quality, expense control and Human Resources objectives.
· Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies, including OSHA, RP A, State and Government.
· Embrace the concepts of effective modem management and create/maintain an environment, which fosters employee involvement, empowerment and team building.
· Develop a flexible organization that can respond quickly to changing customer demands.
· Formulate and implement long and short-range plans, policies and programs within broad corporate guidelines to achieve productivity, efficiency, and excellent customer service.
· Work closely with R&D and Marketing in tile development and design of innovative new products that represent the company’s best interests within the industries it serves.
· Build and maintain a strong commitment to quality and excellence as it relates to all functional areas of manufacturing, engineering, and new product development.
· Introduce world-class manufacturing techniques, such as just-in-time, statistical process control and materials requirement planning.
· Maintain department performance statistics (production volumes, labor hours worked, O/T labor hours, department project hours, OEE measurements etc)
· Investigate and document all safety and environmental incidents in the department under the direction of EHS Manager.
· Drive all plant initiatives such as ISO 9000, Lean Manufacturing, and Problem-Solving Teams etc. in upgrading the performance of the plant.
· Management of all inventories related activities including cycle counts, issuance of material destruction notices, rework product activities, shop order variance reporting, product yield monitoring and reporting etc.
· Direct all purchasing related activities in maintaining operating supplies for the facility.
· 5+ years’ experience in chemical process industry and/or manufacturing environment.
· B.S. Engineering, with concentration in Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial engineering.
· Knowledge of Project Management Techniques.
· Ability to function in a fast-paced environment. Capable of changing priorities as conditions dictate
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields