Product Development Scientist – Chemicals
The Product Development Lead will compound formulations, troubleshoot production chemical and process issues, perform production trials and develop new products in compliance with internal and regulatory requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Senior lead for technical team
- Focus on lab work
- Ability to see technical ideas through to the production floor
- Interact technical ideas with customers
- Develop innovative ideas
- Continually improve the effectiveness of the staff to enhance employee satisfaction, productivity, and efficiency
- Develop and implement technical ideas through to production
- Manage and support consistent communication with team and peers to address issues
- Ensure documentation requirements are met, and appropriate approvals are obtained
- Develop, document and enforce written standard operating procedures and best practices and streamline processes
- Responsible for ensuring best practices are in place regarding the financial performance of the team to ensure realistic achievements and profitability targets
- Report accounting analysis for budget planning with best practices, purchasing guidelines and protocols
- Three or more years of leadership experience with the ability to influence others
- Excellent oral, analytical, and communication skills
- Strong critical thinking, business judgment and technical development skills
- Proven strength in innovation and creative solutions
- Ability to respond effectively and to be able to prioritize tasks for self and team
- Laboratory and production facilities.
- Exposure to various chemicals and compounds.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to traverse and access all areas of the production floor.
Required Education and Experience
- BS in Chemistry
- At least 5 years of work experience in taking product from lab to production line
- At least 3 years experience in customer-facing role
- At least 3 years experience in machine operations
Preferred Education and Experience
- A Masters or PhD in Chemistry and over 3 years of technical experience
- 7 years of related work experience
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields