Product Assurance Engineer – Vehicle Electronics
$85,000 - $110,000 / yr
- Responsible for identifying, developing, planning, and implementing validation procedures and tests for electronic safety system modules.
- Comprehend OEM specifications & Industry Standard test requirements, including environmental, robustness, EMC and other tests, as required.
- Review validation plans with internal and external customer (OEM), get required approvals. Lead team validation activities to meet key deadlines and priority goals. Analyze and report on test/product results and generate test reports to both internal and external teams, as needed.
- Schedule internal and external test labs for planned DV/PVs.
- Develop & release product test specification for manufacturing plants.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to understand product functions and identify root cause of any failures, participate/lead in relevant 8D reviews, and implement corrective actions for identified issues.
- Summarize data and present to customers, as needed.
- Maintain required documentation, such as test specifications, test flows, timing plans, ADVP&R, and summary reports through all validation activities. Track and report validation progress throughout the DV/PV.
- Archive test data, report and parts as mandated by internal and external requirements.
- Work with Test Systems Team & outside suppliers to develop requirements and implement Product Performance Testers & Powered Load Units.
- Responsible for leading and implementing assigned Engineering Change Requests (ECR).
- Lead cross functional team to implement assigned product changes according to companies standard process.
- Ensure update to associated product specifications, BOM content, part numbers, and required documents, based on ECR needs, with input from Engineering and Operations stakeholders.
- BSEE with 2+ years of experience in board-level hardware validation.
- Experience with CAN, its failure nodes, and good understanding of how changes effect the hardware.
- Hands-On experience troubleshooting UUTs & Product Testers using 8D/quality related analysis tools.
- Familiarity with Quality Standards such as AIAG, ISO/IEC, IATF, APQP preferred
- Ability to multitask, ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Salary Range: $85,000-110,000/year, plus bonus and benefits
Location: Southfield, MI
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers and TN visa sponsorship available
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields