Clear Lake, IA
POSITION TITLE: Processing Production Supervisor (2 openings 2nd shift and 3rd shift)
Location: Near Clear Lake, Iowa
Second shift: 2pm- 10:30pm 5-6 days a week
Third shift: 10:00pm to 6:30am Sunday evening through Friday morning (Friday evening shifts are required on a rotating basis – will have day off during following week)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produces the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost consistent with good manufacturing practices.
- Recognizes and takes steps to resolve operation problems in order to minimize their impact on the operations.
- Requests and directs services of maintenance, sanitation, safety and other personnel as may be necessary to achieve the desired level and quality of production, sanitation, and warehouse services.
- Cooperates with all departments to assure a coordinated work relationship exists at all times.
- Responsible for ingredient usage and all other department costs.
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date records (i.e. timecards, downtime records, absentee records, etc).
- Keeps processing manager informed on operating and/or employee problems, quality, safety and/or control costs of production.
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks.
- Adhere to Quality work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained.
- Ensures regulatory compliance at all times.
Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
2+ years supervisory experience in food manufacturing / manufacturing environment with progressive leadership responsibility
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local regulations
- Strong organizational and mechanical skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and SAP
- Bilingual English/Spanish verbal communication skills are a plus.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields